USB connector problem

showstoppa

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2007
I have been having many problems with my USB connector. I have been getting error messages like internet connection sharing error (6) and please plug in your USB connector. I go to the device manager to uninstall the connector, but it keeps telling me "You can't uninstall this device. It may be used to boot up your computer." If I can get passed that piont, I will be able to install the Nintendo wi-fi USB connector. There is another problem I have been having. Whenever I setup the connection from my Wii to my connector, the connection gets deleted. I don't know if this help, but it all started when my McAfee firewall trial came to an end. It keeps asking me to verify it, but it cost so much money to verify it. Please help me somebody!

Last edited:
you can unistall the connector by:

my computer> click on add or remove programs> look for the connector and unistall.

another way is:

click on start menu>accessories> look for the wifi usb connector> click on unistall

My Wii wasn't reading my Wi-Fi USB Connector, so I had to uninstall it and reinstall the latest version. You can go to http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/assets/region_select.jsp
and click on your region, then go to CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET(GETTING ONLINE), then to USING THE NINTENDO WI-FI USB CONNECTOR, then to DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION, then to CLICK HERE FOR HELP UNINSTALLING.
Follow all the directions (it's a long process), and then it'll be uninstalled. After you uninstall it, download the latest version (it's free), and it should work again. All of that worked for me. If the INTERNET SHARING ERROR(6) pops up, then you need to go to CONTROL PANEL, then NETWORK CONNECTIONS, then go to your local connection, and go to the ADVANCED tab. If the sharing boxes are unchecked, check them all. If the are checked, uncheck them. That is what I had to do. Now my Wi-Fi USB connector is working and I can play Battalion
Wars II online again! All of that should work, and if not, you can always go to Support.Nintendo.com and follow the directions there. Good Luck!

Back