USB Fans for the back of the wii?

JohnnyRed

WiiChat Member
Mar 8, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anyone have any of those fans that pop into the back of the wii? I have seen a few people discuss the fans with the led blue holder but I dont use the holder, it looks better flat where I have it.

I had it in standby mode and it really does get warm, in fact a LOT warmer then when I am playing it. I have read so much bad crap here and other places that leaving it in standby that it will overheat so I bought one of those little 15 buck fans from Gamestop and popped it into the usb ports in the back. AND....

It is LOUD AS HELL, seems like it really does cool it down but its so friggin loud its ridiculous.

Anyway anyone have any pros or cons to these things? Am I doing more harm then good?

I have one.

It's a stand, just like the one that came with the Wii, but it's wider and has neon lights either side it's freakin sweet...oh and yeh there's a built in fan underneath where you sit the Wii on.

I've just got my Wii in the last couple of weeks and the thing is silent - no overheating and a fan that you wouldn't know is running maybe they've been moded from the original supply but if you have one seriously overheating then maybe you have a problem?

Picture?
I've not seen it on a real Wii [Only on like a model one for advertising purposes]

Spride said:
one seriously overheating then maybe you have a problem?

Nah if you have your wii on all night/day it will be warm. They are just stopping it being warm. No wii's have been reported to Overheat yet :)

Last edited:
Back