USB harddrive

Yes you can use a USB HD.

The HD must be formatted to FAT 32, not NTFS.

Plus the HD into the Wii and remove any SD cards.

The Wii will detect the HD as the storage device.

Bingo.

codeking said:
Does the wii support USB hard drives?

NO
aab11e53-search-jpg.jpg

Haz said:
Yes you can use a USB HD.
The HD must be formatted to FAT 32, not NTFS.
Plus the HD into the Wii and remove any SD cards.
The Wii will detect the HD as the storage device.
Bingo.

Uhhh.... no.

COLDshiver said:
Haz is right. The trick is FAT32, not NTFS.

umm no, it didnt work about a month ago when i bought it, and i tried it just now and guess what?.... yup... didnt work either

komio said:
umm no, it didnt work about a month ago when i bought it, and i tried it just now and guess what?.... yup... didnt work either
Format it to Fat32 and it will work.

just did twice now and didnt work, well how do you know if it works does it add to the wii's blocks or something?

komio said:
just did twice now and didnt work, well how do you know if it works does it add to the wii's blocks or something?

the way i new it did i saved a VC game to it and then unpluged it and the vc was not there :)

komio said:
Yup, it will add blocks to the Wii's memory just like an SD card.

Don't know, i'm using a cruzer mini right now for my wii instead of an SD card. You definitely did it wrong if it doesn't work. Format it to FAT32 on your PC and that should make it work. Also, make sure that the SD card on your Wii is EMPTY. So no SD cards plugged into the Wii. Then it'll work. Shows blocks and all when you use it.

Back