USB Keyboard

Future (as Stated by Nintendo)
Add External USB saving support
Add USB Mouse support
Add DS Download Station Channel
Add Music Channel
Add Check Mii Out Channel
Add Wii Demo Channel

ZOMG thats cool! Finally I'll be able to use all of the usb flash drives I got for free, lol.(like six, lol) And a music and demo channel?!?!?!
btw, I tried using a Sharkboard and it worked fine. In case that info is worth much. :/

Last edited:
Chase&Fred said:
Add USB Mouse support
Add Music Channel
Add Wii Demo Channel

ZOMG thats cool! Finally I'll be able to use all of the usb flash drives I got for free, lol.(like six, lol) And a music and demo channel?!?!?!
btw, I tried using a Sharkboard and it worked fine. In case that info is worth much. :/

Where did you get this information?

Madden has text chat. Congrats to you guys. Not that Blue tooth wouldn't be better...

Thanks for the great find. I have been waiting for keyboard usable with my Wii, i have tested it out and it does work.

The message board, sending messages, Wii Shop are all keyboard compatible however all other programs are't yet. The Message board, sending messages, Wii Shop due to the most recent update they are the only programs accessible with can use the keyboard. Hopefully future updates will include keyboard accessiblity for all other programs.

Typing with a keyboard is so much faster you wouldn't believe the difference in speed

Maybe you didn't notice yet, but there is another option in the parental controls.

Allow Online User-To User Communication

So either does this confirm Voice or Text chat in upcoming Games and also that you can use the Keyboard for it (hopefully).

If this is real where are the new channles? Also where did nintendo officialy release this information? I cannot find it on their web site?

This doesn't make sense at all. Just because USB Keyboards work there don't have to be any new channels. It just works.

Secumfex said:
This doesn't make sense at all. Just because USB Keyboards work there don't have to be any new channels. It just works.

On the page the other user posted I thought it stated they added new channels, which I had miss read... soory. Thats why I said that.

As for the keyboard yes it works. But why did Nintendo not announce it? Also now the real question is when Opera will update the browser to support this new feature.

Edit:
Has anyone tryed a mouse?

Last edited:
morikaweb said:
On the page the other user posted it stated they added new channels, which obliviously do not exist. Thats why I said that.

Quote that. The only post that has anything to do with new channels is Chase&Fred's post. But if you read carefully you'll notice the very first Word of his post which is "Future".
Chase&Fred said:
Add USB Mouse support
Add Music Channel
Add Wii Demo Channel

Well, I could imagine that what you just said IS the reason for them not to announce it. As long as Opera isn't updated, it's no real use.
I think they'll announce keyboard functionality as soon as Opera works with it.

Secumfex said:
Quote that. The only post that has anything to do with new channels is Chase&Fred's post. But if you read carefully you'll notice the very first Word of his post which is "Future".

Hense why I already apologized for misreading the post. Don't give me shi** for something I already corrected.

Edit:

To awnser my own question: I tryed a standerd Logitech USB Optical Mouse, and could not get it to work anywhere. If anyone else has better luck let us know.

Last edited:
morikaweb said:
Hense why I already apologized for misreading the post. Don't give me shi** for something I already corrected.

I better take of my eyepatch... You edited that in after I started to write a post, so I couldn't see you already knew that... Sorry, didn't mean to sound offensive in any way.

Last edited:
I wonder if it will work for EA Messenger? I sure hope so. That will be great for the Madden League.

Back