USB Keyboard

SOME usb keyboards work. I havent tried my wireless. If you can find an old "legacy" usb keyboard those do work. (yay for us geeks!) OR shell out 80+ for the gamecube keyboard by the company ASCII.

I think the reason they did not mention it in teh update is because they are going to update again (in the future) with USB keyboard support for the internet channel, as well as Flash 9 SDK's. But that's just me. :wtf:

Yeh My Wireless Keyboard does work with my Wii. It's kind of a dodgy one, but it works great, its from OMNI and has great multimedia features, but works fine

mahri said:
OR shell out 80+ for the gamecube keyboard by the company ASCII.

Has anyone confirmed that this update effects the GC keyboard?

If, when you say Gamecube keyboard you mean one that plugs into the Gamecube controller port, then no it doesn't work. I tried it yesterday.

wiiisawesome said:
So bluetooth keyboards work? Will any keyboard work?

I've haven't seen any confirmation (or even suggestion) on BT keyboards. And some usb keyboards won't work.

Plugged in my USB wireless keyboard last night.
Worked like a charm.

Now if I can only get my internet at home working again.

How does this work? you guys are all whizz's at this so we just plug the keyboard into the back of the wii and it works?

Well, here's an email I sent Nintendo:

Message(#6851-000602-6904\6026904)

Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

At this time, we have not officially announced any USB keyboards for use with
the Wii system. If that ever changes in the future, we'll be sure to post the
information on our website at www.nintendo.com.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Dervin Camden

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

-----

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

---------------

Posted At: 14:01:56.000 08/13/2007
Posted To: Nintendo <[email protected]>
Subject: Webform: Wii > Channel Support / Assistance

Hi, since you can now use usb keyboards with the Wii, in the Shop Channel and the Message Board, I was wondering when will we be able to use USB keyboards with the Internet Channel? Thanks for taking the time to answer! :)

Back