USB Microfone

f1982

WiiChat Member
Feb 20, 2007
Hi. I recently saw a copy of 'Boogie' for sale with no mic. for a really good price. (why, I dont know)
But was wondering if anyone knew if you could use any usb mic. with the wii or whether the ones you get bundled with boogie are dedicated peripherals?
Cheers.

No ideas here, maybe someone with a better insight of the wii and the boogie game will be able to help. Sorry.

Good question. I dont know the answer but I wouldnt buy it because you would probably have to spend another 10 or 20 bucks on another mic anyway. Just buy it new. It would be cool if it worked with a bluetooth headset :)

I read on another thread that any USB microphone would work. I'll buy one and give it a try tonight. Will let you know tomorrow.

So, I went to one of the biggest electronic store in my area (Fry's Electronics) The only USB microphone they have is Logitec. But it's kinda a little bit pricey for me ($30) I'm surprised there's no USB microphone sold separately for Wii.

Try staples or office max, maybe even radio shack may have cheap headsets

Tried both Office Max & Radio Shack. Office Max doesn't have it, Radio Shack has one but it $60!

well did you buy it yet? if not then just buy it new with the mic because I doubt your gonna find a usb mic cheaper than 20 bucks, sorry

I think you're right, I probably won't find a USB microphone cheaper than $20 (besides, USB microphone is rare to find) Why don't they sell the microphone separately, right?

I have a USB mic which I used on a PS2. I could try it out on the Wii, but don't know which game/app to try it out on. I don't have Boogie. There's no standard setup or anything in the Wii Menu, is there?

I kinda thought about that but I'm not sure if the microphone for PS2 is a USB microphone or not. If it is, I think it should work and I don't think there's any standard setup on the Wii Menu to use the microphone because Boogie has a small update that should detect the microphone automatically when plugged in. I'll look for a used PS2 microphone at Gamestop and give it a try

Back