USB Storage

cannon

Nintendo FanBoy
Dec 4, 2006
Sydney
Wii Online Code
2011-9992-2025-2233
I did a search on this and all it came up with was threads bagging the PS3. Anyway here go's

With many people complaining about the small size of the 512MB internal memory of Nintendo's Wii and the current lack of compatibility between the system and external USB storage devices, there appears to be good news on the horizon. An official Press Release has gone out from eSOL, Ltd, stating that its leading embedded middleware products, "PrFILE2" FAT file system and "PrUSB/Host" USB host stack, have been selected by Nintendo for use with the Wii console.

Both software products constitute fundamental functionalities in the Wii console - managing and transferring data and files with external media. In particular, PrFILE2 provides file management functions that read and write data from SD memory cards, as well as other media. PrUSB/Host functions are used in Wii, to provide USB host functions.

"I am very happy that we could take part in the development for Wii, a new game console from Nintendo. I believe that our products were selected because Nintendo highly-valued our long, successful history with many digital consumer products and high-reliability and functionality based on that. We will continue to provide superior products and technical services to strongly support developers in embedded software development."
- Nobuyuki Ueyama, Executive Vice President, Embedded Products Division at eSOL.

My god the Wii owns... said:
Yea...only about a week old.
It might be a week old but it was only confirmed This morning. I work for a gaming company and we were only officially notified about it this morning. So it may be a week old but its now confirmed

Back