USB Usage Rumor

ocdan

Pastafarian
Oct 16, 2006
Oak Creek, Wisconsin
The USB ports are going to be used on Dec 20th with the new Update. They are going to be for the opera browser to use a usb keyboard/mouse, they can also be used for homebrew software for the wii such as external hd's / flash drives, etc (if all goes well).

check it out, i was looking for wii mods and came across this other forum...
Wii Mod Wii

it wont let me diretly link to the post, but go down to usb hacks and look around... Im psyched and hoping they will enable flash saving

Interesting, it states:
The dec 20th date came straight from the Wii Online Shop under WiiWare. It says (Coming Dec 20th) <- (Opera)
Can anyone confirm this?
The USB ports are going to be used on Dec 20th with the new Update. They are going to be for the opera browser to use a usb keyboard/mouse, they can also be used for homebrew software for the wii such as external hd's / flash drives, etc (if all goes well).
I'm unclear on this point, will the update itself enable USB HDD drives to work, or is that going to be what the mod is for?

im pretty sure once, homebrews can become enabled and with opera, some people will probly make downloadable mods straight to the wii to open some gateways to accessability

Back