USB Wi-Fi Adaptor Troubles. Please Help.

frontsidefish

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2006
New Zealand, Paradise by another name.
Wii Online Code
4287-9909-4049-1336
So, last year, just before the Wii came out, I went down to my local EB Games, and bought a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Adaptor (did I write that in the right order? :D). So now that i've got my Wii (got it on launch :thumbsup:) and it's set up, but it's very temperamental with range. The laptop it's connected to wouldn't be more than two or three meters away. We are running broadband (thank goodness!). It works sometimes, but a lot of the time the Wii doesn't pick up the signal. Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be?

I would say to check what you have between your router and your wii... 2.4 Ghz cordless phones can mess with your connection. Also have found that if you raise the elevation of your router, your broadcast range can be extended a bit.

VirtualDreadlock said:
I would say to check what you have between your router and your wii... 2.4 Ghz cordless phones can mess with your connection. Also have found that if you raise the elevation of your router, your broadcast range can be extended a bit.

Heh, thank you very much, I just had a look at the phone, and sure enough it's a 2.4Ghz. I can't try it now, 'cause I've just packed up the Wii to go away, but I'm pretty sure that's what's been messing with it. Thanks!

Back