USB Wireless Keyboard Compatible?

Phych said:
I was wondering if anyone knows or has tried using a wireless keyboard that uses a USB dongle. For example --> Adesso 2.4GHz RF Wireless Mini USB Keyboard WKB4000US at TigerDirect.com
It would be great to have that instead of a wired keyboard running from the system all the way to the couch.
Or, even better, would anyone know if you can sync a bluetooth keyboard to the wii?

I don't believe that the Wii has the drivers for any such USB device.

Dunno, but I can try it...

(a few minutes later)
Nothing with my MS wireless combo. I can turn on the function lock (which really only means that the port is powered), but nothing else. I tried moving the mouse and typing a memo on the keyboard and I got nothing.
As far as I know, you can't use a keyboard at all with the the Wii, there is an on-screen one you use with the Wiimote.

it's kind of annoying to try and msg people with it =\ there's most likely going to be a "wiiboard" or somethin lol

That's gay. I want to message friends with a KEYBOARD. What's so hard about that? Not a deal breaker, it just means I probably won't be messaging folks :p

At any rate, with as awesome as Nintendo is being I can forgive them for not making chatting accessible on their game console.

Back