User-to-user chat option in parental controls

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
This seemed to be missed in a different thread, so I'm starting a new one...

This is a big hidden thing and I'm surprised Nintendo wouldn't mention it. I mean, they had to know that people were going to figure it out, of course at the same time, they were probably hoping you would to help bring up the hype.

Everyone should check parental controls as well. I read over on infendo.com that there is a new entry to allow online user-to-user communication. Whether this is text or voice communication or both remains to be seen but I am beginning to wonder if this is part of what we'll see as the big September surprise.

Based on this update and the "hidden" things people are finding, the September update is going to be online communication related and will be useful in Mario Kart, among other games. This is update will also occur before Brawl is released, so we might be seeing some sort of communication in that game.

EDIT: Another thought. This might only mean that a text chat channel is coming.

wow! I didnt see this. Best news since fridays brawl update. I really hope that they let you communicate to everyone, not just your freinds. Nice find!

I hope that pans out as well. I really like being able to talk to friends durring game play. I have a good bit of friends all of the nation... It was always fun to play madden and be able to talk while doing so.
I would really like to be able to talk to people durring mario strikers... Sometimes I just want to ask "WOW how did you do that!!!"
Plus it is always fun to trash talk win or loose...

Nintendo can add anything they want to the Wii. Online VC playable games, added levels to VC games, voice chat, etc. It's up to them if they want to launch it or not. I hope they do. Nice find.

The Wii is shaping up to be the best system of this generation. all it needs now is many many more hardcore games...but now we gotta put up with annoying kids playing mario kart screaming "OWNED" into the mic

i have seen this post somewhere else:shocked:
is this post yours because i saw it on one of the 3.0 Wii Update threads
(don't feel offended if it is your i just need to clarify :wink:)

WIIMAN999

Back