Using A Wii to connect A DS to the internet

Eratos

WiiChat Member
Apr 22, 2007
Maybe this is a dumb question, but while reading up on the Wii's internet functionality, I noticed that all you need is a wireless router, which I have. Whereas, the Nintendo DS requires a wireless router but also Windows XP, which is unfortunate as I use a Mac. So is it possible to connect to the internet with your DS through your Wii?

Eratos said:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but while reading up on the Wii's internet functionality, I noticed that all you need is a wireless router, which I have. Whereas, the Nintendo DS requires a wireless router but also Windows XP, which is unfortunate as I use a Mac. So is it possible to connect to the internet with your DS through your Wii?
DS online doesn't need Windows. You can use your wireless router for your DS.

paintba||er said:

You can? Then I guess this was a really dumb question. Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.:D

Eratos said:
paintba||er said:
You can? Then I guess this was a really dumb question. Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate it.:D
Yeah, you don't need windows XP to connect a DS, you don't even need a computer to connect your DS to a wireless router, but you would need a computer to configure the router, which mac can do just fine, I think you just can't use auto-login software, you have to use the router's IP, sometimes I use my PSP to configure my router though, so I guess you really don't need a computer, the only thing that requires Windows XP is if you got the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection dongle for your computer, not a router

Eratos said:

Since his original question wasn't answered I'd like to repeat it. Is it possible to connect a ds through the wii? I don't have wireless at home and the wii is connected via a wired router. I'd prefer to avoid forking out the cash on a wifi plugin for the pc or router just so I can go online with my ds.

As far as I have tried connecting the ds through the wii doesn't work. The problem is that the wii does not allow its wireless to be usewd as a hub connection so only it can use it nothing else. This could change with future updates or somebody finding away around that. If anyone has found a way please tell cause if there is one i am stumbed at it.

Back