Using PAL only games on US Wii console

thenuskot

WiiChat Member
Aug 26, 2007
Just received a Wii console from one of my relatives in the US. great! But I live in UK and I quickly realized games in UK are not working on my US Wii.

Is there anything that can be done here?

buy some US games off ebay. other than that i'm pretty sure you wont be able to play ne games, could always sell the US wii to some kid and get lots of money for it and buy a UK wii, :lol: thats wat i'd do

do GC games are identical to Wii games (ex: spiderman GC = siperdman Wii)

I think you've got yourself a very good opportunity there! You can buy games for cheaper, and get some games before they come out here in the UK. Just think, you will be able to play Brawl around the 3rd December 0_o whereas the rest of us Brits will have to wait 'til God knows when in 2008! Lucky sh*t...all you need to do is either what Ness said and buy the games off eBay, or find a site that will deliver to the UK! The delivery charges etc may make it more expensive though, and if it does, you might as well sell it.

The US and Japan use the NTSC standard whereas Europe uses the PAL standard. So a Wii console bought in the US will not play European games and vice-versa.

Back