Using the Wii on a Laptop PC?

Sauce Face

WiiChat Member
Mar 17, 2007
Hello, I've just purchased a Wii today and connected it to my USB TV tuner board, but it is lagging(I guess due to latency of it being external?).

I was wondering, is there any other solution to play the Wii on my Laptop? My laptop?

My laptop says Full HD 1080, and has an S-Video input, but I'm not sure what software I need to use to view anything from it.

Any help would be nice! Thanks in advance.

More than likely its the video card in your laptop which is causing the lag.

If your laptop has Svideo inputs use that instead of the tv tuner dongle.

If not, and you have to use the tuner interface, make sure that you kill any programs running in the background/foreground before you use the tuner to use the Wii.

Sauce Face said:
Hello, I've just purchased a Wii today and connected it to my USB TV tuner board, but it is lagging(I guess due to latency of it being external?).

I was wondering, is there any other solution to play the Wii on my Laptop? My laptop?

My laptop says Full HD 1080, and has an S-Video input, but I'm not sure what software I need to use to view anything from it.

Any help would be nice! Thanks in advance.

One question, why are you using your laptop? If you are using your laptop because you travel a lot, i'd say change your HD option to an SD option and it should take out the lag, other than that, I don't know

If you are using it at your house/apartment/dorm/whatever you live in, just run it off your television, it's not worth doing a whole bunch of work to your laptop to do so, if you don't have a television, you don't know what you are missing, get one as soon as you can, if it's not worth getting a television, read option 1

Back