Using UK Wii in US

gu014

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2007
Hello,
I purchased a Wii in the UK and i am wondering what i need to power the device here in the states. I purchased an US ac adapter from Gamestop but it does not power up the device. Can anyone advise me on exactly what i need to acquire. Thank You very much.

The home power supply in the UK is 240 volts (i think), american is 120 volts.
You'd probably have to get some sort of specialty adapter for it.

Well for other electronic devices I've used in other countries [Ireland] you just need to buy a transformer you can get at most department stores or home depot type places. It's a small square like apparatus that plugs in to a regular outlet and your UK adapter can plug into the other end.

I think you will find that it wont work at all, Different Power Supply or not, the UK Wii operates on the PAL system, the US Wii works on NTSC.

I'd do a search on the Wii search box, you will find many bits of info on why it will never work.

Sorry dude, but id try flogging it on Ebay.

Google it if you disbelieve.

Well, i purchased a Universal AC adapter from ebay which works anywhere in the world. So, that issue is resolved.

Now, i realize that i need to purchase PAL games. That is fine as well.

My question is will the PAL games output onto my US television? I will be using the included composite cables(Red/White/Blue) as i do not have an HDTV.

I read somewhere that i would need to set the Wii to 60hz and it should be fine. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Back