Using wii with 220V output abroad and issues

saqer

WiiChat Member
Jul 14, 2010
I sent a wii abroad to some relatives of mine. Initially they just connected it into the wall and soon discovered that it doesn't work because of the differences in voltage output. So I sent them a transformer with automatic watt regulation and a new power adapter because they probably fried they original adapter. Now they report when they turned on the wii the red LED flashes on and turns off and the wii doesn't start up. Any guesses as what might be going on. I doubt the actual wii is fried.

I had the same problem when i used a third party 110V to 240Volt power supply when i plugged it in the original through a transformer it worked for a while and then stopped all togather. I called Nintendo and since the WII was still under warrenty they fixed it or replaced it. Until i can find an original official 220Volt europen power supply i will continue to use my 100watt transformer with the original power supply. I would check the power supply "reset" fucnction disconnect both ends wait two minutes or longer, plug wii in first and then plug into power but always with at least a 75 watt transformer if you find one, the wii consumes 52watts so anything less or to close is risky

Back