Using Wiimote on another Wii

chucklez

WiiChat Member
Nov 26, 2009
Isle of man
Wii Online Code
4627-5472-9680-0551
Hey all I am a bit confused about using My wiimote on my partners sons Wii. I have been trying to use My partners sons wiimote on my Wii but it wont work and vice versa mine wont work on his. Help please??? =oD

Hey all I am a bit confused about using My wiimote on my partners sons Wii. I have been trying to use My partners sons wiimote on my Wii but it wont work and vice versa mine wont work on his. Help please??? =oD

All you need to do is take the back cover off the wiimote, open the little panel on the front of the wii, press the red button on both the wiimote and wii to synchronise the remote to the wii, and repeat the process with the other wii to sync it back to the old one. Hope this helps.

I personally never use the sync button bcs I don't want to resync my wiimote :wiimote: every time i play at friend house. You better use one of his wiimote :wiimote: and press the home button --> parameter -->change order --> press 1 & 2 button on all wiimote until they all connect.

this way you will avoid to resync your wiimote all the time.

BTW it's in the instruction manual of the wii. Oh yeah, I forgot nobody read instruction manual anymore...lol :wink:

Just kidding you, i'm always happy to help.:papermario::papermario:

I personally never use the sync button bcs I don't want to resync my wiimote :wiimote: every time i play at friend house. You better use one of his wiimote :wiimote: and press the home button --> parameter -->change order --> press 1 & 2 button on all wiimote until they all connect.

this way you will avoid to resync your wiimote all the time.

BTW it's in the instruction manual of the wii. Oh yeah, I forgot nobody read instruction manual anymore...lol :wink:

Just kidding you, i'm always happy to help.:papermario::papermario:

Your way will not work on another persons wii, you just said how to use a wiimote lol

Re=Syncing is not a problem, you just press the button on the wii and wiimote and its done.

Your way will not work on another persons wii, you just said how to use a wiimote lol

Re=Syncing is not a problem, you just press the button on the wii and wiimote and its done.

Hey buddy, before saying that something doesn't work try it...or READ THE MANUAL....I do this every week-end on my stepfather wii....

link to the manual (look at p.22-23):
www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/WiiOpMn_setup.pdf

Look carefully on the red marking I did in those pictures of the wii manual:
wiimanual_p22.jpg

wiimanual_p23.jpg

like i said before I'm happy to help you chucklez. :lovewii:

The only mistake i did is to write change order instead of reconnect...sorry i have a french canadian wii and in my language it's reorder... so here the correct procedure:

home button --> remote parameter --> Reconnect --> press 1 & 2 button on all wiimote until they all connect

Last edited:
it's easier bcs you save one step...you don't have to resync when you come back home....:wink:

But you gotta do this EVERY TIME you turn off and on again, so I'd stick with the SYNC. wii remote :/

Am I the only who think that this is easier!! :sick:

It's easier bcs this way your wiimotes will always stay sync to your Wii....it will only need to be connect to your friend Wii. No need to ever resync to your Wii when you come back home. :wink:

Honestly, I don't care if my wiimotes loose the sync on my friends Wii when he turn it off bcs i'm not going there for a week i'm going there for only one play session. :yesnod:

Anyway Is wiimotes will still be sync when he turn off is Wii because when you turn off the Wii it comes back to the original sync. :yesnod:

Anyway...:lovewii:

Last edited:
I hardly see how that method is easier than resynching, though.

That is my point exactly. I made a mistake saying their method will not work on the other wii, I didn't know that way works, I always just thought synching was the easiest and more sensible way lol

it's easier bcs you save one step...you don't have to resync when you come back home....:wink:

It is pointless to argue and debate over which is easier, they both work, let the person decide if they want top press 2 red buttons to sync it to whichever wii they want or go into the wii menu.

Hey thanks for all the help For some reason it wouldn't syncronise and I was looking in the wrong manual lol .oO(DOH) ha ha

All sorted now though

Back