Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using wireless Rockband 2 (beatles) drums with Guitar Hero 5 for WIi...?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by KillerQ, Dec 28, 2009.

1. KillerQ

KillerQ WiiChat Member

**Update** - Using Rockband 2 drums with Guitar Hero 5 for Wii - Final Answer?

**Update**

I bought Guitar Hero 5 for the Wii and it works perfectly with the Rockband 2 Wireless (Beatles) drums.

I also have the Mad Catz triple cymbal expansion pack. The Green and Blue cymbals also work perfectly - the only issue is that the yellow (hi-hat) cymbal triggers the bass pedal. Not sure why....

I would love a work around to this, but I am more than happy with the way it is now....

If you know anyway around that, however, please share...

Hey all,

I recently got the Beatles Premium Bundle for the Wii and love it.

Now, I know that there are conflicting stories with the following question when I search it online, so I am hoping that someone can speak from personal experience.

Will the Wireless Rockband 2 Drums (with usb dongle) work with Guitar Hero 5? I know that the drum lanes will be changed to adapt with the Rockband drums on other systems (Xbox 360, Ps3, etc)....but I want to check for sure with the Wii.

Also, has anyone tried the RB 2 drums with the Mad Catz triple cymbal expansion pack with GH 5?

I know that the RB 2 kit won't work with Guitar Hero World Tour, but I head that things have changed with the release of Guitar Hero 5. So, the drum compatibly issue is the only thing leeping me from buying GH 5. I don't plan on ever buying the GHWT drums.

**Update** - I just randomly ran across these videos - Looks like it works to me - [video=youtube;XGMAtl5ixYQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGMAtl5ixYQ"]HERE[/video]

[video=youtube;bNqqvxu5pz0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNqqvxu5pz0"]HERE[/video]!

Thanks a ton in advance,

Matt!

#1 KillerQ, Dec 28, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  2. KillerQ

KillerQ WiiChat Member

3. KillerQ

KillerQ WiiChat Member

Due to the many times that I mentioned a guitar in my original post, your response has helped immensely. Thank you.