VALVe - PS3 a disaster, should be cancelled. Likes the Wii.

JoeTheZombie

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
Idaho
“The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It’s really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted. I’d say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a “do over”. Just say, “This was a horrible disaster and we’re sorry and we’re going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it”. The happy story is the Wii. I’m betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I’m crazy. I really like everthing that Nintendo is doing. “

-- Gabe Newell, co-founder and managing director of the Valve Corporation.

ETA: Source was Dugg'd, so I can verify validity.

Last edited:
BUAHAHA
owned

Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal - I wanted that package on the PC but on the Wii... would be much better

did you see the graphics of Team Fortress 2? its like it was made for the wii. its anime/cartoon like.

team-fortress-2-brotherhood-of-arms.jpg

i know its running off an H2 Engine, but im sure they can dim down whatever graphics are extra to accomidate for the Wii ;) it would prolly look cool and be fun as hell. its prolly something they should do, not just think about.

being realistic, they prolly wont tho :(

on a furthur note, will the wii have any online multiplayer games? didnt read up on it yet.

ps. coolest trailer ever. at least by Valve. so jokes
watch the 1st- "GC 2006 Direct-Feed Trailer (August 31, 2006)",

Last edited:
Go Wii. haha. good find. And about the TF2, they wouldnt need to turn the gfx down. Just use more of the Wii's capability.

And the online multiplayer is coming march, starting with Blazing angels.

yeah stock theres going to be a slew of online games coming out for the Wii. and can you say.... COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE ON THE WII!!!!!!

Redan499 said:
yeah stock theres going to be a slew of online games coming out for the Wii. and can you say.... COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE ON THE WII!!!!!!

O rite.. Valve made CS didnt they...

I wouldnt jump to conclusions yet.. he didnt say hes gonna support the Wii with games. but that be very very very cool. Lets all pray. :p

But yea, lots of online games to come.

PtonJalken said:
But yea, lots of online games to come.

BOOOO YAAAA!!!
online shooters would be badass with the Wiimote. they did a great job of the aiming system in Zelda, but to be honest, i was disapointed with redsteel's configuration with aiming (or maybe its just me). i hope they do better coding in the future.

btw if you havnt yet, check out that video link for TF2 if your interested(posted up earlier). its pretty jokes :yikes: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
stock said:
BOOOO YAAAA!!!
online shooters would be badass with the Wiimote. they did a great job of the aiming system in Zelda, but to be honest, i was disapointed with redsteel's configuration with aiming. i hope they do better coding in the future.

btw if you havnt yet, check out that video link for TF2 if your interested. its pretty jokes :yikes: :thumbsup:

Yea, a little twitchy read steel was. But i garuntee a few online FPS.. Nintendo would be fools not to with the Wiimote aiming and all.

Hahaha! Nice find... I would LOVE TeamFortress 2 for the Wii, and maybe Half-Life 2, but I don't think Counter-Strike: Source suits the Wii very well.

Counter-Strike is just one of those games that can't be played without a PC, you may think different, that's just my opinion. ^^

The TF series was always fairly fun and tongue-in-cheek, perfect for the wii.
And the HL2 engine could run on the wii, easily in fact, aside from the fact that that engine scales down very well, the engine is a few years old now anyway.

yeah, im new to CS:S and stuff but i reckon TF:2 would be really good on wii........ROCKET JUMPING Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

Back