VC Games and GC Controllers

MasterJedi2U

Banned
Jan 28, 2007
Durham, NC
Wii Online Code
5251-2094-6508-9892
I'd really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what SNES, NES, and N64 games work absolutely fine with the Gamecube controllers. I really do not want to buy Classic controllers and I just want to see if they are really necessary. I mean I loved the Mario and Donkey/Diddy Kong games for SNES and I would like to be able to play them on the Wii. So please help me out and make a list of which games work best with GC controllers.

Last edited:
I have one but I haven't connected it to the internet yet. Still waiting to get a Lan Adapter. Also even though it says you can use such and such does that really mean it works alright?

Well can you give a preview of some of the more important ones seeing as how I can't go online yet?

MasterJedi2U said:
Well can you give a preview of some of the more important ones seeing as how I can't go online yet?
I am not going to go make you a list of every game, and it's controller.
If I were to name some games, it is most likely that they aren't the exact games you were interested in.
Why don't you name some games that you are curious about, and I can find you the controller needed for those.

its pretty much every game can use the classic controller. and most use the gamecube controller, and some even use the wiimote.

or something like that

i'd say go with a GC controller, I use a wavebird myself and it works fine, buut i'm not sure if it has a rumble thing inside it though

Last edited:
gamechaser001 said:
i'd say go with a GC controller, I use a wavebird myself and it works fine, buut i'm not sure if it has a rumble thing inside it though
The Wavebird does not have rumble. That was my under disappointment with it.

A good game that goes good with the GC controller is Mario Kart 64, but that's the only one I've tried. The only VC games I have are donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, and Mario Kart 64. GC works good with Mario Kart 64, and the wii control works good with the other two. I really can't give any input on this, I need more experience.

the gamecube controller works for any VC game as long as you have a nintendo GC controller and not a third party controller. The one drawback to not having classic controller is that the GC controller doesnt have a select button. so in a game such as lets say, a link to the past, you'd have to kill yourself to save with a gamecube controller. However if you had a classic controller you can just press the -(select) button and hit save. If i were you id get one classic controller for those purposes and get a couple of gc controllers for multi player games. Plus the classic controller is a lot better with SNES games

Back