VC Not Such A Ripoff For Certain Games - List of Game Values For Carts

Zackh321

WiiChat Member
Sep 14, 2007
The list has been updated as of 12-03-2007. Pretty much I made this in Excel awhile back to determine which games I should buy on the VC. I posted this on another forum but there seemed to be no interest in it. I thought this might be useful for people wanting the most bang for their buck while downloading VC games so I decided to post it here too. Some games are so rare or expensive it's actually better to buy them on the VC if all you want to do is play them. Other games are so cheap and common that if you don't mind having an extra system around to play them that may be a better option for you. Anyway, I used the reviews found on http://www.vc-reviews.com . I included games that got 4-5 stars and sorted them by a price guide at http://www.digitpress.com
NES and SNES games are prices for the loose carts. Genesis, TG-16, and N64 games are for a complete game with box and instructions.

Dynastic Hero $250.00
Super Air Zonk Rockabilly Paradise $180.00
Bonk 3 $65.00
Alien Soldier $60.00
Baseball Stars 2 $60.00
Soldier Blade $50.00
Shining Force $40.00
Bomberman 93 $35.00
Magician Lord $30.00
Paper Mario $26.00
Battle Lode Runner $25.00
Breath of Fire II $25.00
Devil's Crush $25.00
Fatal Fury $25.00
Gate of Thunder $25.00
Military Madness $25.00
Neutopia 2 $25.00
Sin and Punishment $25.00
Air Zonk $20.00
Galaga '90 $20.00
Gunstar Heroes $20.00
Splatterhouse $20.00
Super Star Soldier $20.00
Dragon's Curse $18.00
Streets of Rage III $18.00
Blazing Lazers $15.00
Bonk 2 $15.00
Fu Man-Chu $15.00
Mario Kart 64 $15.00
Metal Marines $15.00
Neutopia $15.00
R-Type $15.00
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time $15.00
Bonk's Adventure $12.00
Dynamite Headdy $12.00
Landstalker $12.00
Mega Man $12.00
Ninja Spirit $12.00
Ordyne $12.00
Actraiser $10.00
Bloody Wolf $10.00
Contra III $10.00
Dungeon Explorer $10.00
F-Zero X $10.00
Kirby's Dream Course $10.00
R-Type III $10.00
Ristar $10.00
Super Mario 64 $10.00
Ghouls 'n Ghosts $9.00
Alien Crush $8.00
Beyond Oasis $8.00
Comix Zone $8.00
Kid Icarus $8.00
Shinobi III $8.00
Sonic The Hedgehog 3 $8.00
Streets of Rage 2 $8.00
Wonder Boy in Monster World $8.00
Axelay $7.00
Crack Down $7.00
Donkey Knong Country 2 $7.00
Star Fox 64 $7.00
Wave Race 64 $7.00
Adventures of Lolo $6.00
Golden Axe $6.00
Super Metroid $6.00
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past $6.00
Adventure Island $5.00
Final Fight $5.00
Kirby's Adventure $5.00
Legend of the Mystical Ninja $5.00
Ninja Gaiden II $5.00
Punch-Out! $5.00
Sim City $5.00
Streets of Rage $5.00
The Legend of Zelda $5.00
Wrecking Crew $5.00
Ecco: The Tides of Time $4.00
Solomon's Key $4.00
Super Castlevania IV $4.00
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts $4.00
Vegas Stakes $4.00
Castlevania $3.00
Donkey Kong Country $3.00
Eternal Champions $3.00
Excitebike $3.00
Gradius $3.00
Ninja Gaiden $3.00
Super C $3.00
Vegas Stakes $3.00
Zanac $3.00
ESWAT: City Under Siege $2.00
F-Zero $2.00
Ice Hockey $2.00
Street Fighter II Turbo $2.00
Street Fighter II: The World Warriors $2.00
Super Mario Bros. 3 $2.00
Super Mario World $2.00
Vectorman $2.00
Sonic The Hedgehog $1.00
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 $1.00
Super Mario Bros. $1.00
Super Mario Bros. 2 $1.00

Last edited:
Nice list.

I still buy NES cartridges though. Can't beat the 4 button controller :yesnod:

I love that big grey toaster-like console :lol:

I like a system where games cost dollars to buy. Even if you buy a dud, I can't picture you shouting outside, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASTED $10!" If you do, I suggest travelling back into 1970 when comics costed 50 cents.

sagema said:
I can't picture you shouting outside, "I CAN'T BELIEVE I WASTED $10!"

Considering I live in England, I think this outcome is highly unlikely. :lol:

Zackh321 said:
This list was made in September so it's out of date. I might get around to updating this later on. Pretty much I made this in Excel awhile back to determine which games I should buy on the VC. I posted this on another forum but there seemed to be no interest in it. I thought this might be useful for people wanting the most bang for their buck while downloading VC games so I decided to post it here too. Some games are so rare or expensive it's actually better to buy them on the VC if all you want to do is play them. Other games are so cheap and common that if you don't mind having an extra system around to play them that may be a better option for you. Anyway, I used the reviews found on http://www.vc-reviews.com . I included games that got 4-5 stars and sorted them by a price guide at http://www.digitpress.com
NES and SNES games are prices for the loose carts. Genesis, TG-16, and N64 games are for a complete game with box and instructions.

Theres a thing called "car boot sales" where most of them games are cheaper

Darkprinny said:
Theres a thing called "car boot sales" where most of them games are cheaper

Not for long or hopefully you still can b/c I love going to yard sales and picking up rare games and making some money. There's an emerging collectors market where people are going out there and snatching up all of this stuff. It's eventually going to be like comic books, action figures, etc. They even recently graded sealed videogame carts just like toys. Kind of like what the CGC is to comic books but for toy figures. Can't recall the acronym.

The prices on digitpress are actually on the low side for collectors. I've gone on Ebay and the average price has been much higher on some of those games especially Squaresoft stuff.

Last edited:
Zackh321 said:
Not for long or hopefully you still can b/c I love going to yard sales and picking up rare games and making some money. There's an emerging collectors market where people are going out there and snatching up all of this stuff. It's eventually going to be like comic books, action figures, etc. They even recently graded sealed videogame carts just like toys. Kind of like what the CGC is to comic books but for toy figures. Can't recall the acronym.
Energing ?
Its been around for years

Id never sell my rare games
LOL I got panzer dragoon saga when it came out for twenty quid
But I did get a mega drive + five shity mass market games + Gunstar heros all boxed up for a fiver (Thats five pounds to those that dont speak British)

Well, let me clarify it a little. Yeah, people have been collecting games. It's just that it's getting bigger and it's actually getting more difficult to find stuff than it used to be. I don't think it's reached the status of other collectibles like comic books and it definitely hasn't gotten anywhere as big as comics got in the 80's and 90's. I also haven't seen games reach $500,000 yet like Action Comics #1. That'll probably be the gold Nintendo World Championship Cart about 50 years from now :-D However, we're starting to see stuff like Collectors Editions and things like that. It's just starting to get big.

BTW, I just updated the list. I didn't add Lost Levels and I probably need to look into Sin and Punishment a little more. I used an Ebay price for that one but I'll probably change it or remove it entirely if I don't find anymore info.

Sin and Punishment wasnt avaible in the US/UK so it will be hard to find

Nicelist.

I gave my TG16 (w/ 5 controllers and 10+ games!!!) away to a cousin about 7-8 years ago and have regretted it since my kids have gotten old enough for games.

Bomberman93 was the first VC game I downloaded but I've still been peeking everyonce in a while at ebay TG16 console prices. They just keep getting more and more expensive.... :-(

i collect older games and it just seems like a waist of money to buy virtual games and software for a system that if crashes.. whoops! I suggest just buy them if its cheaper than getting the system and game. It should be a 10 dollar monthly bill for just unlimited play for any game.. like a gametap..

77punk said:
i collect older games and it just seems like a waist of money to buy virtual games and software for a system that if crashes.. whoops! I suggest just buy them if its cheaper than getting the system and game. It should be a 10 dollar monthly bill for just unlimited play for any game.. like a gametap..

Well there is one addvantage playing on the wii
Stop play where ever and play from where you left off next time you play

Back