VC problem

Dec 23, 2006
West Mids, England.
Wii Online Code
4655-2810-0795-9892
Ok wtf... i just downloaded my first VC download.. i click to load it my TV screams an error Component "Mode Not supported" wtf is this.. does this mean i have to switch back to the cables you got witht eh WII every tiem i wanna play a VC game? they dont work with Component cables?

Change your... Refresh rate is it? from 60hz to 50hz... or what ever the lower one is... Or if its on the lower one, change it to the higher one.

Most VC games won't work with a lower refresh rate.. well it will work, but just really slow!

changed the wii refresh rate to 5ohz / 60hz, still same msg from my TV "Mode not supported".. i switched the cables to the ones with the wii and games load fine..

Why wont they work with a component lead?

dds said:
call 1-800-255-3700 it may be a system error.

well im in the UK so i've just sent them an E-mail instead...
Hopefully they will reply with some kind of answer

Otherwise will have to switch leads everytime.. :mad2:

its best to call if you have access to a number because emails usually take 2-3 days

also could it be that your wii was set to another region of the uk when you downloaded the game?

Nah, has been set to right region since after i first turned it on so i dont think so..

I was wondering if maybe the leads was faulty .. bleh i duno guessing in the dark here :p
As i said it works with the standard leads you get in the Wii Box.

did you try re downloading the game maybe something happened in the download process. Its free so just delete and try it again

Nah just.. tried though re-downloaded it.. same error..

"Component - Mode Not Supported"

Im using a 23" Samsung HDTV.. 3000:1 Dynamic Contrast..
If thats makes any diffrence..

Just downloaded another virtual console game Sonic the hedghog for the Mega drive and this game is working fine with my component leads attached..

Maybe is the F-zero download is just bugged or something?

Back