Verizon Chocolate

Greg

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
Anyone have it? How do you like the phone? Is the battery life good?

ive seen the compercials for the chocolate phones, yes the service is verizon here in US, the the maker is LG, except the phones look a little more sleek and less boxy than that picture you linked, they now have mint (lime green) cherry (red) and white (white lol) and the original black, my friend said her battery life is longer than her last phone by far (she had the motto e815 i think) but she said she loves it ;)

to Komio's post. DRMARIO linked a picture of the LG KG800. What you're used to seeing in commercials and in Verizon stores is the LG KG8500, though they are both sold in America and both go by the name chocolate(go LG).

As for the main topic of the thread. I know two people that have it and they hate it so far. And from my own personal experience the interface and controls are hard to use, texting is hard because to switch between T9 word, ABC, and symbol entry modes you have to go back like 2 menus rather than having the option right on the text input screen like most phones, No speaker phone, low voice volume (even when turned max it gets hard to hear in areas of high noise), low talk time battery life.

The upside is all the extra features work nicely. The music sounds good, the music controls are right there for you, and the camera is a nice quality. Plus the phone has a very attractive and architecturally sound(it's not gonna break in two) design. But what's the point when all the features of a regular phone are below par?

The LG CU500 and the LG VX8600 are other phones that LG makes. They both have some of the music features that the chocolate has, but work much better for what you're gonna be using a phone for...communication

Hope that helps. Check out cnet.com for your own. I use that website a lot when making electronics decisions.

tank said:
to Komio's post. DRMARIO linked a picture of the LG KG800. What you're used to seeing in commercials and in Verizon stores is the LG KG8500, though they are both sold in America and both go by the name chocolate(go LG).

As for the main topic of the thread. I know two people that have it and they hate it so far. And from my own personal experience the interface and controls are hard to use, texting is hard because to switch between T9 word, ABC, and symbol entry modes you have to go back like 2 menus rather than having the option right on the text input screen like most phones, No speaker phone, low voice volume (even when turned max it gets hard to hear in areas of high noise), low talk time battery life.

The upside is all the extra features work nicely. The music sounds good, the music controls are right there for you, and the camera is a nice quality. Plus the phone has a very attractive and architecturally sound(it's not gonna break in two) design. But what's the point when all the features of a regular phone are below par?

The LG CU500 and the LG VX8600 are other phones that LG makes. They both have some of the music features that the chocolate has, but work much better for what you're gonna be using a phone for...communication

Hope that helps. Check out cnet.com for your own. I use that website a lot when making electronics decisions.

And you're wrong .. the Chocolate has speaker.

god freaking retards dont know how to f***ing read the boards.

I just got the Mint Chocolate 2 days ago and i love it. I just wish the keypad was a little bit bigger, my big thumbs hit multiple keys if im not careful.

Back