Vertical or Horizontal

So, will your Wii lie horizontal or show its pride vertically?

• Keeping it vertically with the stand.

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Mine will lie flat, just in case..

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters

-Mikey-

WiiChat Member
Sep 9, 2006
Ohio
Vertical or Horizontal *Now with poll!*

The Wii can be played either vertical or horizontal. I know with the PS2 it seemed to run better while standing. It's a little to early to tell but do you think one position may be better than the other?

Last edited:
Not really considering the Wii's only air vent is on the back, which is always uncovered whether displayed horizontally or vertically.

Personally, I'll probably lay it horizontally so it doesn't accidentally get pushed over and break or get scratched or something.

Might put it Vertical depends on my new furniture but if I can put it Vertical I will

the original ps2 - the fat one. was terrible when verticle. ive come across many a ps2 games with circular scratches casued by a verticle ps2. but i think they fixed that 'problem' with the slim so im sure the wii will be sweet.

i dont think ive even seen any pics when its lying horizontal... they love to photograph it in its stand

Well im going to put mine hortizontel, because as Nate pointed out it might drop and get scratched. Ohhh by the way 62 YARD FG!

I would normally have it horizontally, but as my Dad got this new cabinet thing for the TV etc.. its got a little like cupboard for discs, in which I can take a tray out, and it'll fit perfectly :)

Who could possibly want it horizontal? It comes with a FREE PLASTIC STAND! And I'm sorry, but if you think you might "accidentally" knock the wii over then you do not deserve to have one. Remember, a Wii is for life, not just for christmas.

I will prolly have it vertically, but if my new furniture doesn't allow it, then I will have it horizontally.

maxkhoward said:
Who could possibly want it horizontal? It comes with a FREE PLASTIC STAND! And I'm sorry, but if you think you might "accidentally" knock the wii over then you do not deserve to have one. Remember, a Wii is for life, not just for christmas.
Pff...real Wii lovers suspend their Wii horizontally in a block of bullet-proof glass. n00bs just set it on the stand where they knock it over and cry.:p

real Wii lover = :cool:

n00b Wii owner = :cryin:

NateTheGreat said:
Pff...real Wii lovers suspend their Wii horizontally in a block of bullet-proof glass. n00bs just set it on the stand where they knock it over and cry.:p

real Wii lover = :cool:

n00b Wii owner = :cryin:

thats so funny becuase my friend had his 360 and the first day he knocked it over and ****ed up his madden disc cause he was like: im cool, i have it vertically

for me, i shall keep it horizontal, i was never one for verticalness on systems, unless it fits perfectly somewhere or just looks cooler.

Ok if you want to experience the sleek style of the Wii you will put it vertical

Back