Very annoying problem with my Gamecube!

Max14

Some random guy
Oct 10, 2006
Scotland, UK
Can anyone help me [I'm new btw so hi everyone!]? I bought Metroid Prime for my gamecube a while ago and randomly and quite often when playing it, a message appears on the screen saying the dics cannot be read. I can still keep playing where I left off [i just have to take out the dics and put it back in] but it happens so often and its so annoying. I'm sure its not just the game as I borrowed my friends copy of Metroid Prime and the problem is just the same. In fact it happened once on one of my other games! Anyone have this problem?

Get a new game cube
best time to get a s/h one seen them as low as £10

o thats happened to me before what i did was i blew the memory card and the laser and the genral disc area if that didnt work i would wait a couple of mins then do it again then it would work the third time

Darkprinny said:
Get a new game cube
best time to get a s/h one seen them as low as £10

If you want to save the tenner for a nice N64 download etc you could just wait 'till the wii is out, as it plays Gc discs. And if your wii doesnt work...

No... i dont want to think about it...

Heh thanks guys. If the wiping etc. doesn't make a difference I suppose I could find a really cheap brand new Metroid somewhere and use it on Wii and hopefully should work perfectly. I suppose by the time I complete that and Metroid Prime 2, Corruptions will be cheap as well

Max14 said:
Can anyone help me [I'm new btw so hi everyone!]? I bought Metroid Prime for my gamecube a while ago and randomly and quite often when playing it, a message appears on the screen saying the dics cannot be read. I can still keep playing where I left off [i just have to take out the dics and put it back in] but it happens so often and its so annoying. I'm sure its not just the game as I borrowed my friends copy of Metroid Prime and the problem is just the same. In fact it happened once on one of my other games! Anyone have this problem?

i have this problem too
its most likely the gamecube and not the discs my i buy brand new games and it does this
=/
soooo really i just get over it and dont mind it, but i have gotten really mad at it especially when you get far in a game and havn't saved....
but im just waiting until a few days before the wii comes out and then im selling mine, so im just gonna wait it out for now

so my suggestion is that if you really want a new gamecube then go sell your old one then buy a new one or something
thats what i would do
*shrugs*

Really? My brother's gamecube keeps saying "THERE IS NO DISK" and "DISK CANNOT BE READ" yeah I can make it work, but I have to put it upside down on a perfectly level surface adn I still have to do this seversl times.

Back