Very few games are worth buying...

thechi444

WiiChat Member
Jan 24, 2008
...more are worth renting.

For example: Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware, Resident Evil UC are worth renting...IMO. Any others to add to the list? These days you can rent games for quite a while (two weeks or so). While you're renting it just play it quite often and you will beat it in a few days. What do you guys think?

I can see buying these games:

Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros (when it comes out)
SMG
Zelda
Metroid
Strikers
online multi-player games

Of course, if you play games over and over again than this concept does not apply. You can always just rent it again too.

Last edited:
thechi444 said:
...more are worth renting.

For example: Raving Rabbids, Wario Ware, Resident Evil UC are worth renting...IMO. Any others to add to the list? These days you can rent games for quite a while (two weeks or so). While you're renting it just play it quite often and you will beat it in a few days. What do you guys think?

I can see buying these games:

Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros (when it comes out)
SMG
Zelda
Metroid
Strikers

or any online multi-player games

Well it all depends on if you have someone to play those games with. Rayman Raving Rabbids is meant for a group of family and friends to get together and have fun as well as Wario Ware and Wii Sports.
If you're talking about online then Strikers, MOHH2, and SSBB are the best so far.
Single player would have to be SMG, Metroid, Zelda, Mercury Meltdown Revolution (very challenging game), and plus the VC games.

Good point, but it all comes down to how much Raving Rabbids or Wario Ware one can play. These days, with so many options, it's very tempting to feed the Wii with new material.

Well, that's why you should keep your game library big so that way if you get bored of one game you got another. Let's say you and your friends get bored of Raving Rabbids, then you got Wario Ware, if you get bored of that then you got Wii Sports, if you seriously get bored of all three there's Mario Party. The list will keep on going especially with the VC games.

Yes thats why I rent most games, saves me money and I am still able to beat them throughout the rental time.

However I do buy games I know will be worth the money.

-Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, cheap price and good controls..worth the money.
-Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, good game and interesting take on the series.
-Super Mario Galaxy, my favorite game of 2007.
-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, first game when I get my Wii, amazing game.
-Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, great game again, lots of fun with that one.

CantGetAWii said:
Yes thats why I rent most games, saves me money and I am still able to beat them throughout the rental time.

However I do buy games I know will be worth the money.

-Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition, cheap price and good controls..worth the money.
-Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, good game and interesting take on the series.
-Super Mario Galaxy, my favorite game of 2007.
-Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess, first game when I get my Wii, amazing game.
-Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, great game again, lots of fun with that one.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is great for hardcore RE fans. Otherwise the game is way tooooo short and not worth $50. That is one I regret buying @ full price. There's just something really irritating when it comes to wasting money on a full price game. I may check out Mercury Meltdown Revolution, it's only $20 and sounds like a cool puzzle game. Otherwise I'm sticking to buying games like No More Heroes, Zelda and Smash Bros.

Just my two cents....I mean $50.00

Through my hour of research I am finding these games to be keepers:

Trauma Center New Blood
Zack @ Wiki
Zelda (if that's your thing)
Metroid Prime
SMG
Mario Strikers

Most Likely these upcoming titles:

Star Wars Force Unleashed
Day of Disaster
Mario Kart
Super Smah Bros

Here are some maybes

No More Heroes (hearing good and bad mostly good)
Lego Star Wars
Medal Of Honor
Endless Ocean (partially for the price)

thechi444 said:
Through my hour of research I am finding these games to be keepers:

Trauma Center New Blood
Zack @ Wiki
Zelda (if that's your thing)
Metroid Prime
SMG
Mario Strikers

Most Likely these upcoming titles:

Star Wars Force Unleashed
Day of Disaster
Mario Kart
Super Smah Bros

Here are some maybes

No More Heroes (hearing good and bad mostly good)
Lego Star Wars
Medal Of Honor
Endless Ocean (partially for the price)

You forgot to add Monster Hunter 3 for the upcoming. Literally a game worth looking at. It's just like WoW x10, but for console. Very Epic!!!

thechi444 said:
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles is great for hardcore RE fans. Otherwise the game is way tooooo short and not worth $50. That is one I regret buying @ full price. There's just something really irritating when it comes to wasting money on a full price game. I may check out Mercury Meltdown Revolution, it's only $20 and sounds like a cool puzzle game. Otherwise I'm sticking to buying games like No More Heroes, Zelda and Smash Bros.

Just my two cents....I mean $50.00

See thats my main query about RE:UC is it really that short,? because i read a reveiw and it said that it wasnt like other on-rails shooters with its length?

I Might Buy Zack & Wiki. Looks Good!:yesnod:
I Really Cannot Wait For Star Wars: Force Unleashed - Im Kinda A Star Wars Geek Sumtimes!:lol:
SSBB, Mario Kart, NMH & MoH Are The Games Im Definetly Gettin!:thumbsup:
Can Sum1 Fill Me In And Give Me More Details On Day Of Disaster?

For me unless is a sports game or a multiplayer online game, the rest are no keepers.. I sell them in ebay after I beat them, so I get more money that I would ever get trading the games at a store.

I agree very few games are worth buying.

I usually only buy games if they have a 90% rating across the board. I bought a couple games I regret when there weren't many games for the wii (Spiderman 3 *cries*).

Trading games is of course a rip off, thats how they make money.

Back