VERY upset about supply of controllers

I was at walmart today and they had a ton of all the other accessories & games but not any wiimotes. I should have pre-ordered another two wiimotes at ebgames to go with my Wii.

I agree with the OP. It's kinda ridiculous. Gamestop had 6 Wii's on Friday but only TWO nunchucks and no wiimotes.. what kind of crap is that? They couldn't at least send a few wiimotes?

What I find crazy is that there are always a bunch of Wiimotes but never any nunchuks. I did see one classic controller today though.

My area has tons of controllers at every store that sells wii stuff.

So don't ***** and moan and blame it on nintendo that your area whored up the wiimotes.

mrserv0n248 said:
Ok my Wii Friends, I accept the back order on systems, It is a given. I got mine I am fine. However I have 3 friends coming over tonight to check out the Wii and I own 1 controller. There has been NO CONTROLLERS available online or in my area since day one. When I got my system they were gone. Nintendo should have made 4 times as many nunchucks and remotes then system. Not only would they have sold by now or at least they would be available. I can go buy any game right now, why cant I buy a freaking controller. AT LEAST ONE. This is such BS. I remember for 360 controllers were there. I am so pissed right now.

Why not just order them from nintendo? I did on Wednesday and, even with the holiday, I got three new shiny remotes yesterday.

mrserv0n248 said:
Ok my Wii Friends, I accept the back order on systems, It is a given. I got mine I am fine. However I have 3 friends coming over tonight to check out the Wii and I own 1 controller. There has been NO CONTROLLERS available online or in my area since day one. When I got my system they were gone. Nintendo should have made 4 times as many nunchucks and remotes then system. Not only would they have sold by now or at least they would be available. I can go buy any game right now, why cant I buy a freaking controller. AT LEAST ONE. This is such BS. I remember for 360 controllers were there. I am so pissed right now.

i a-freaking-gree its stupid, when launch day came for me i got a free wiimote with my bundle and that was cool, but it was supposed to come with a nunchuk as well but they were sold out. i was pissed, now almost a week after launch im still searching for that extra nunchuk and i have to yet to find one, everywhere i call or look is sold out. its stupid.

Just be glad you even got a freakin' Wii!

Some people can't even find a Wii let alone a controller, I'd say your one of the lucky people who actually got one before the holidays.

For me, I cant find any but who cares... I'm happy that I got my Wii and probably will just get some of the internet (Nintendo.com or eBay).

i camped out for 12 hours at walmart, i was 14th in line out of 35 consoles, but they only had 4 wiimotes!!! i think they had more nunchucks butthose aren't of any use w/o wiimote

rhyme said:
Why not just order them from nintendo? I did on Wednesday and, even with the holiday, I got three new shiny remotes yesterday.

Yea ok genius please post this magical link and enlighten us to your secret wii remote stash. Oh you mean the one that is back ordered till December 18th and has been that way since launch? I find your story laughable.

Nintendo: Online Store - Product Detail

Last edited:
Back