video game addiction, game buying addiction

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
Does anybody have a video game problem? I have been buying atleast one game every other day for my countless number of systems. I really messed up my foot last fall and I still can't get out and walk far without becoming disabled. I used to go hiking or fishing atleast four times a week, I only went fishing once this summer.

It's cool having all these consoles that I just dreamed about growing up, but I never have enough time to play them all and I don't want to sell them becuase I spent so much time trying to find them. Ahh, my life is kind of a mess right now and I just needed to vent.

Does anyone find themselves addicted to games in anyway? Is it hurting your life at all? I have a lot of friends that demand time from me, but I'm just too messed up, bodily wise right now to fool around. College is stressing enough.

I can't say that I do have an addiction to video games. Sometimes I do play excessively though, especially during the end of term holidays. I have university entrace exams coming up tomorrow and the next fortnight so I always force myself into doing something else. Plus I go out and do stuff with my mates, that takes up quite a bit of time.

I used to be addicted to WoW (played a good 3-4 hours per day, more on weekends, although I have a full time job).
I can relate to how you feel... If you really feel like you are missing on something, give yourself a complete break from video games for a while (at least a week or two). Go for some holidays in a place where there's no gaming possible. You may see that you actually enjoy life with less gaming when you come back to your place, and start to balance your life (which I did : I now play once in a while, go out, do sports, and play very little)...
Good luck !

well, i have what i think is an addiction to technology in general. I'm always wanting new tech and gadgets, and am never happy with what I have.
With games, and the wii at the moment, I get frustrated as I dont have enough time to play it.. in the last 20 days, i have played 5 minutes of Fifa :(
I do get VERY slight "withdrawal" from not playing, I get annoyed at not having enough time, I imagine my wii sitting there, not doing anything, and imagine how much fun I could be having..
WOW that sounds bad!! :) It's just I find playing games (and watching films) the only way I can forget about everything else and completely disconnect from work etc.
I go surfing every weekend, and that doesnt let me relax as much as playing wii or watching a film.
I think it comes from being so engrossed that you can only think about whta you are doing right there and then, that makes it so much fun and addictive.

Evidently from not playing very much recently, I am not addicted in the true sense of the word, ie like heroin, but from a point of view that it has a big impact on my life.

It's not the time spent playing, it's all the money I spend on games! lol. It's like a smoker buying a pack of cigarettes everyday. Or somebody addicted to soda, you know?

sherwood3570 said:
It's not the time spent playing, it's all the money I spend on games! lol. It's like a smoker buying a pack of cigarettes everyday. Or somebody addicted to soda, you know?
ahh right, well I am lucky in that sense, that of late atleast, I have been very careful with what I spend money on.We have a big holiday coming up, and all my money is going into that.
Parents-in-law are smokers, and they have stacks of tobacco and sit there rolling. I dread to think how much money they plough into buying bulk, rather than buying as they need it.

I don't think that I would go as far as to say that I am addicted, but I will play a game or two when I have the chance. I still exercise regularly and focus on my Uni work, but when I have some free time to relax, gaming hits the spot. :)

Byuakuya said:
I don't think that I would go as far as to say that I am addicted, but I will play a game or two when I have the chance. I still exercise regularly and focus on my Uni work, but when I have some free time to relax, gaming hits the spot. :)
yeh see for me, excersising consists of weekend surfing, mid week traing kids to play basketball, and 2/3 times a week on a tread mill...watching films!!

Back