Video game graphics

Link of Arc

WiiChat Member
May 16, 2006
One of my greatest concerns is if the wii games will feature next gen games with awsome graphics and gameplay. But the wii games look very similar to the gamecube. Do you think they'll be much more advanced than the gamecube or similar or weaker?

Link of Arc said:
One of my greatest concerns is if the wii games will feature next gen games with awsome graphics and gameplay. But the wii games look very similar to the gamecube. Do you think they'll be much more advanced than the gamecube or similar or weaker?

The Wii has more power than the gamecube, and remember the system and games are still in development, we have not seen the final product yet.

SSBB looks awesome from what they have so far, check out the detail in the link and mario models:
SBR_0430NUKI_004.jpg

ssbb02.jpg

mario's cartoonish face aside, his overalls look like real denim and link's shield is amazing

i'm not so worried about the graphics power of the wii, while not the ps3 or 360 it definately has an updated look

SolidusRaccoon said:
And will be 1/3 the price.
Of the PS3 that is, 1/2 of the 360. I will be buying 2 consoles for the price of a *shudders* PS3

DtD said:
Of the PS3 that is, 1/2 of the 360. I will be buying 2 consoles for the price of a *shudders* PS3

Yeah I think Im gonna support Microsoft over Sony because of the huge price difference.

Last edited:
I've read somewhere...that the Wii WILL be more powerfull than the xbox 360...i think its true...If i find the link ill give it to you...

I've read somewhere...that the Wii WILL be more powerfull than the xbox 360...i think its true...If i find the link ill give it to you...

I would seriously question the reliability of any site that said this....nintendo more or less publicly backed out of the graphics race this time, the 360 has three dual core processors while the wii only has one (not even sure if its dual core or not), the graphics technology may come up about equal, but the 360 will be much better equipped to make full use of it with all the extra processing power

I wouldn't care too much about the power of consoles, the gameplay is just as important, and it is in this area that the Wii excels.

Riviet said:
I wouldn't care too much about the power of consoles, the gameplay is just as important, and it is in this area that the Wii excels.

Gameplay is the deciding factor on whether a game gets good reviews or not. It is what makes the game. Some of the greatest games in video game history are the worst looking one's. Dont get me wrong I always love to see Nintendo put out some great looking games.

Last edited:
I always throw in the fact that the very best Final Fantasy game ever is 6 even with 7's and 12's amazing graphics. Graphics don't mean much to me really, I mean ya it looks pretty and at first play people are going to ooo and ahhh but after an hour of playing a game that pretty you don't even notice it and its either a good game or not. There were things in Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and Resident Evil 4 that still made me go "ooo and ahhh thats pretty" or "how did they do that". And the Wii is even going to be better.

Nintendo, IGN, and other outlets have stated that the Wii is not going to match the others graphically, unless they pull out the MEGATON 3D or something amazing its not going to happen.

Yeah 360 may have all them duel core thingys but how many have just set alight due to overheatin...many! and if u like graphics so much, go watch a film, if u like GAMING!, then look out for the console with the best GAMEplay.....e.g. Nintendo Wii.

Back