Video Taping Video Games?

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
I want to make a Red Vs Blue type Show so what type of equipment will I need (I already have a Video Edited) I mostly just need to know a good (and hopefully easy) program to record Video game footage?

get a device called Dazzel and an A/V splitter. (the splitter so you dont have to play using your PC moniter because playing video games through a capture card can be laggy. the splitter will let you play on your TV while it records on your PC)

Well since you are using Red vs. Blue as a reference check their site stuff. Cause one time I read a post from them where they listed all the equipment they use, along with detailed info on their process.

Last edited:
You can use Fraps, thats what alot of gamers use. I only remember the free version though, you could only record 30 seconds at a time but you could do this as many times as you wanted.

What game are you planning to use for your Machinima? If its a PC game then just get FRAPS, like NuFLo said, the free version sucks so find... 'alternate' ways of getting the full version.

If its a console game then it would be more difficult. The easiest way I can see is to buy a half decent TV card for your PC and then use FRAPS again. I have my Dreamcast hooked up to my PC through a TV card so I can have that playing in a Window on my desktop.

I can't find the article but I believe Red vs. Blue uses an Xbox connected to a digitizer card on a PC. If I recall they say you need a card to encode if you want any decent quality and framerate on your video without frame skipping and stuttering.

Back