Videos of Numerous PS3 Problems(must see)

My thoughts are.....its new hardware!!!
Just give it some time before they fix these problems...

I've never had problems or error codes with my Wii. I'm guessing it's just Sony and Microsoft who can't release a console without problems.

Tjharwin said:
I've never had problems or error codes with my Wii. I'm guessing it's just Sony and Microsoft who can't release a console without problems.
my thoughts exactly.....

me and 4 of my friends have wiis. none of us have had any problems/error codes at all. between the 5 of us we have a total of 3 freeze ups after 2 months. all the times it froze were leaving the photo channel. thats all i know about. mine has been played well over 200 hours and frozen once.

So pathetic.
The PS3 has so many problems like this.
It's horrible to charge 600 bucks for faulty hardware.

blueradio said:
So pathetic.
The PS3 has so many problems like this.
It's horrible to charge 600 bucks for faulty hardware.

Agreed man. They need to do a recall or something and fix all the issues and re launch it.

People who play it on 480i TV sets deserve what they have coming.

Here's my console "fail" stats:
Wii - 2 points where the console froze, 1 time where the Wii Remotes wouldn't sync and I had to turn it off and back on.
360 - 3 points (within 5 minutes) where the console froze
PS3 - 1 time where the controllers wouldn't sync and I had to turn it off and back on, in addition to connecting them to the cables, a couple of times where the controllers wigged out during a game (though, I have about 10 bluetooth things in my room (some on, some off), so I that could be attributable).

So... Each system has it's flaws. I don't have one single thing in the composite inputs on my TV. Everything is component or higher. My PS3 is on HDMI, my 360 is on component, my Wii is on component, 100% working video on all with no issues. Might I remind everyone about the people with HDTVs that can't see virtual console games? Perhaps I should post a thread on the PS3 forums about that in the Wii sections? What about the fact that some aftermarket GameCube controllers aren't working with virtual console games? Rapid fire?

I mean come on. Everything is going to have some sorts of issues. Give it a rest. If you buy a $600 console, you should have a TV with at least component inputs if not HDMI -- plain and simple. I sure as hell wouldn't play a console intended for high definition on a standard definition screen. As matter of fact, I don't even like playing the Wii at 480p, let alone 480i. I don't know how some of you do it. Yes, it's about gameplay but... 480i? Get with the times!

Last edited:
SuperH said:

Wii - 2 points where the console froze, 1 time where the Wii Remotes wouldn't sync and I had to turn it off and back on.
PS3 - 1 time where the controllers wouldn't sync and I had to turn it off and back on, in addition to connecting them to the cables, a couple of times where the controllers wigged out during a game (though, I have about 10 bluetooth things in my room (some on, some off), so I that could be attributable).

So... Each system has it's flaws. I don't have one single thing in the composite inputs on my TV. Everything is component or higher. My PS3 is on HDMI, my 360 is on component, my Wii is on component, 100% working video on all with no issues. Might I remind everyone about the people with HDTVs that can't see virtual console games? Perhaps I should post a thread on the PS3 forums about that in the Wii sections? What about the fact that some aftermarket GameCube controllers aren't working with virtual console games? Rapid fire?

I mean come on. Everything is going to have some sorts of issues. Give it a rest. If you buy a $600 console, you should have a TV with at least component inputs if not HDMI -- plain and simple. I sure as hell wouldn't play a console intended for high definition on a standard definition screen. As matter of fact, I don't even like playing the Wii at 480p, let alone 480i. I don't know how some of you do it. Yes, it's about gameplay but... 480i? Get with the times!

You can't honestly expect Nintendo to support 3rd party accessories. That's not a Wii flaw, thats a 3rd party design flaw. By the way those top "points" are invalid. You could try blaming your PS3 issue with interference. However the Wii is a major bluetooth device, so you can't rule out the possibility that everything your Wii experienced wasn't due to wireless/bluetooth interference. We don't know for sure how bluetooth signals other than its own affect it. We also can't prove otherwise. Highly unlikely but still quite possible.

I am an RF engineer first of all.

RF will NEVER give 100% perfect results. You can never predict a change in a field. RF adds a weakness to each console. And, if something is to be fully backward compatibility, you better damn believe that it should support third party accessories to the fullest extent. The Wii is not 100% backward compatibile, nor is it claimed to be. I can't use some third party controllers (not that I would). What aggrivates me the most though, is that I can't use my GameBoy Player. I have kept the GameCube just for THAT. I want to get rid of the GameCube.

We do know how bluetooth signals other than its own affect it. Radio frequency is radio frequency. Bluetooth frequency hops. If two try to use the same channel, guess what? Like anything else, you get a collision. Most are transparent, but some fail regardless of using the frequency hopping, spread spectrum, and 79 channels. Wireless makes the systems imperfect from the get-go.

And where the !@#* do you get off telling me my points are invalid? I wasn't making a point. I used the term "points" as "situations". I've had issues with all three consoles. Nothing is perfect; get over it. I am simply getting tired of seeing the PS3 get picked on. Most people don't have one because they think $600 isn't worth it or whatever. Get a job if you want one, then buy one. If not, don't worry about it and move on. The more and more bad people talk about the PS3, the less people are going to want it, and the less there will be development for it, which could lead to its failure. Do you REALLY want to lose competition? Think about it. I bought it mainly because I couldn't get most movies on HD-DVD that I wanted to watch. DVDs suck. $450 after PS2 trade in for a BluRay player and something that plays my PS2 games better (besides the pixel flipping) is a DAMN good deal.

As far as the Wii is concerned, I only have Nintendo brand accessories first off so the controller issue doesn't apply.

As far as my stance on owning all three systems (regardless of all of the crap I talked about PS3 until I got one), I'm equally happy with them. Of course, I only have Resistance: Fall of Man for the PS3. I'm waiting for titles like Motorstorm and GT: HD to come out. It has brought new life to my PS2 games (at least I can play them, even if they don't look the best), since I stopped playing my PS2 because it was so slow. The PS3 lets me run Linux as an "Other OS" and use SNES9x for all of the titles I own (I'm not about to download the titles that don't belong to me.) I own a LOT of titles for SNES. I can use the Xbox 360 USB controller for PS3 in Linux. I also have Firefox for it, which is WAY better than Opera.

This leads me to virtual console. Will I play "A Link to the Past" on PS3? Yep. Will I still buy it on VC? Yep, Nintendo deserves it and it was my favorite game. I think they've all done a good deal getting stuff to work. You cannot blame the company if third party components don't work, which many of these problems result from I'm sure (poorly shielded, cheap component cables for instance, or the use of composite cables in general). I see how defensive you got when I made one mention of anything about the Wii. What goes around comes around. ;)

last time i checked the hdmi blinking issue was through hdmi, not sdtv 480i. and no one deserves any probs for 600 dollars and after sony had 5 years to make it, period, especically this many problems. as far as virtual console goes...waaaah waaaah waaaah...youre playing 20 year old games on a brand bew console. give me a break. the ps3 cant even handle games from a year ago right. you have no argument there. FOR 600 DOLLARS IT SHOULD WORK RIGHT. if yours works, great, good for you, but thousands and thousands of them dont. and i highly doubt yours will even go a year without problems.
sony knew those problems existed and put it out anyway, they had to. they wanted that $$$ that they arent getting. i laugh at them for it, hard. im glad to see anyone fail when they put out junk, knowing it is junk. they could have delayed it, they didnt, screw em.

Last edited:
SuperH said:
I am an RF engineer first of all.

RF will NEVER give 100% perfect results. You can never predict a change in a field. RF adds a weakness to each console. And, if something is to be fully backward compatibility, you better damn believe that it should support third party accessories to the fullest extent. The Wii is not 100% backward compatibile, nor is it claimed to be. I can't use some third party controllers (not that I would). What aggrivates me the most though, is that I can't use my GameBoy Player. I have kept the GameCube just for THAT. I want to get rid of the GameCube.

We do know how bluetooth signals other than its own affect it. Radio frequency is radio frequency. Bluetooth frequency hops. If two try to use the same channel, guess what? Like anything else, you get a collision. Most are transparent, but some fail regardless of using the frequency hopping, spread spectrum, and 79 channels. Wireless makes the systems imperfect from the get-go.

And where the !@#* do you get off telling me my points are invalid? I wasn't making a point. I used the term "points" as "situations". I've had issues with all three consoles. Nothing is perfect; get over it. I am simply getting tired of seeing the PS3 get picked on. Most people don't have one because they think $600 isn't worth it or whatever. Get a job if you want one, then buy one. If not, don't worry about it and move on. The more and more bad people talk about the PS3, the less people are going to want it, and the less there will be development for it, which could lead to its failure. Do you REALLY want to lose competition? Think about it. I bought it mainly because I couldn't get most movies on HD-DVD that I wanted to watch. DVDs suck. $450 after PS2 trade in for a BluRay player and something that plays my PS2 games better (besides the pixel flipping) is a DAMN good deal.

As far as the Wii is concerned, I only have Nintendo brand accessories first off so the controller issue doesn't apply.

As far as my stance on owning all three systems (regardless of all of the crap I talked about PS3 until I got one), I'm equally happy with them. Of course, I only have Resistance: Fall of Man for the PS3. I'm waiting for titles like Motorstorm and GT: HD to come out. It has brought new life to my PS2 games (at least I can play them, even if they don't look the best), since I stopped playing my PS2 because it was so slow. The PS3 lets me run Linux as an "Other OS" and use SNES9x for all of the titles I own (I'm not about to download the titles that don't belong to me.) I own a LOT of titles for SNES. I can use the Xbox 360 USB controller for PS3 in Linux. I also have Firefox for it, which is WAY better than Opera.

This leads me to virtual console. Will I play "A Link to the Past" on PS3? Yep. Will I still buy it on VC? Yep, Nintendo deserves it and it was my favorite game. I think they've all done a good deal getting stuff to work. You cannot blame the company if third party components don't work, which many of these problems result from I'm sure (poorly shielded, cheap component cables for instance, or the use of composite cables in general). I see how defensive you got when I made one mention of anything about the Wii. What goes around comes around. ;)

Didn't get defensive. Just stating that we do not KNOW how these things will affect the wii. Just because it uses bluetooth doesn't mean nintendo's engineers have done something different with it or etc. You can't prove otherwise. Nintendo has no need to support 3rd party accessories. They never have and they still don't. Each applies to both the ps3 and the wii.

You obviously got a little heated though :). Your "situations" could have been caused by user error without knowing it or interference. Logically speaking I should say. Either way, my statement was meant to point out these logical possibilities.

All that is being said is that its possible. Not likely, or set in stone, or etc. No need to get upset about it buddy :)

dedpoet777 said:
my thoughts exactly.....

me and 4 of my friends have wiis. none of us have had any problems/error codes at all. between the 5 of us we have a total of 3 freeze ups after 2 months. all the times it froze were leaving the photo channel. thats all i know about. mine has been played well over 200 hours and frozen once.

You play the wii over 3-4 hours every single day :wtf: ? Thats pretty sad.

My wii drops the connections to the remotes and will not resync unless I reboot the system. Thats happened several times. Including this weekend when i was showing my friend the system. Oy doesnt matter how many times I push resync on the remotes or the system. Mine has frozen several times. IM lucky to get on the internet 3/4 the time I try. Its not my connection because the ps3 and my laptops all work fine. I got an error code about 1 month ago when my g/f was playing it. Those are the only problems for now that I can think of.

Last edited:
re

dedpoet777 said:
last time i checked the hdmi blinking issue was through hdmi, not sdtv 480i. and no one deserves any probs for 600 dollars and after sony had 5 years to make it, period, especically this many problems. as far as virtual console goes...waaaah waaaah waaaah...youre playing 20 year old games on a brand bew console. give me a break. the ps3 cant even handle games from a year ago right. you have no argument there. FOR 600 DOLLARS IT SHOULD WORK RIGHT. if yours works, great, good for you, but thousands and thousands of them dont. and i highly doubt yours will even go a year without problems.
sony knew those problems existed and put it out anyway, they had to. they wanted that $$$ that they arent getting. i laugh at them for it, hard. im glad to see anyone fail when they put out junk, knowing it is junk. they could have delayed it, they didnt, screw em.

Theres thousands of wii and 360's that are defective, so what? People spend several thousand on tv's that are defective. Just because you spend more money doesnt mean the system will be perfect. I didnt spend $500 knowing my system is gonna be bullet proof. I spent $500 for more features than the competition. Would I spend $500 on a wii knowing it will not break? Hell no, and I can guarantee nobody else would either.

Do bmw's break down? What about ferraris? Those are above average cars that still break down. Your paying the money for its features. Its funny because you say my points arent valid :lol:

SuperH said:

Most people don't want/have/or can't afford to get a HDTV. HDTVs are more problems than they are worth. Especially when you don't have much of a house.

How are hdtv's more problems than what they are worth? You can easily get an hdtv for less than $500. I got my 47" for less than $700. Ive owned three without any problems.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Theres thousands of wii and 360's that are defective, so what? People spend several thousand on tv's that are defective. Just because you spend more money doesnt mean the system will be perfect. I didnt spend $500 knowing my system is gonna be bullet proof. I spent $500 for more features than the competition. Would I spend $500 on a wii knowing it will not break? Hell no, and I can guarantee nobody else would either.

Do bmw's break down? What about ferraris? Those are above average cars that still break down. Your paying the money for its features. Its funny because you say my points arent valid :lol:

You spent $500 for less features it appears. At least that's how it is panning out right now. At least these features are for the most part a no show.

VampiricLugia said:
Most people don't want/have/or can't afford to get a HDTV. HDTVs are more problems than they are worth. Especially when you don't have much of a house.

Myself and Wii&PS3 have HDTVs thats 2 to 1 right now. HDTVs arent that expensive and are definitely worth the money. I have less problems with my HDTV than I've ever had with 4 regular TVs. HDTVs used to have major issues a few years back, but they are pretty much flawless right now. Most of them at least. I went with a DLP set because after viewing an LCD and a Plasma in my price range [$900-$1200] the DLP had better picture quality, better brightness and a better overall look than the other two. I've had no problems playing anything on it, even back to the nintendo 64 and snes.

True that HDTV is a lot less than half the sales for the TV market, however it is emerging and these next gen systems take advantage of them for the most part, as well as dvd players that upconvert and etc. I could have paid $600 for a 35" Sony CRT TV, but if I'm gonna spend that much on a TV I may as well just pay $300-400 more and get a lot bigger of a picture, thinner TV that weighs less and takes up less space. There are a few CRT HDTV's but they for the most part suck.

Back