Videos of Numerous PS3 Problems(must see)

lol, I have a regular TV. Where on earth did you find a 47" HD for less than 700$!!!! Most 20" are about 500$! Anyways, I've played the Wii plenty, maybe 2 hours a day now (played it about 10 hours a day for the first week I got it, no joke. I beat TP in 1 week), and nothing, not controllers internet or anything has gone wrong.

Wii&Ps3 said:
You play the wii over 3-4 hours every single day :wtf: ? Thats pretty sad.

My wii drops the connections to the remotes and will not resync unless I reboot the system. Thats happened several times. Including this weekend when i was showing my friend the system. Oy doesnt matter how many times I push resync on the remotes or the system. Mine has frozen several times. IM lucky to get on the internet 3/4 the time I try. Its not my connection because the ps3 and my laptops all work fine. I got an error code about 1 month ago when my g/f was playing it. Those are the only problems for now that I can think of.

every time you try to get smart you get dumb. i said "mine has been played 200 hours" i didnt say I played it 200 hours. that is what youre problem is. you miss the whole point of everything. i have a girlfriend who has played it. and i have friends that have played it. i personally have played maybe 100 hours since it came out. Is that clear enough for you? bold enough for you? learn to read. get some brains. youre obviously not intelligent at all. you dont impress anyone here. we all hate you. youre absolutely worthless. your opinions are useless. youre annoying. is all that clear to you? make sure to read this 5-6 times so you can understand it. i try to speak english, but im afraid you have problems with english, as pointed out by someone else.

amazing also how you get a ps3 and it is perfect when many others arent, and you get a wii and its a nightmare, like hardly any are. mine does none of that stuff, nor does any of my friends. thats 5 out of 5 that dont do that. and plenty of wii's on this forum dont do that. yes some have problems, but nothing like the ps3. that is the point. you see it? you just wont seem to admit that the ps3 is for the most part junk. you seem to act like a console with that many problems is normal. as i said, get some brains.

your problems probably come from your piece of junk ps3. theyre both blue tooth right? think of that? amazing how you and sovieto both have a ps3 and remote syncing problems. you get rid of that ps3 your whole life will have more meaning and your wii will probably work. its infecting your wii, save it while you can.

Last edited:
Calvinhedge said:
lol, I have a regular TV. Where on earth did you find a 47" HD for less than 700$!!!! Most 20" are about 500$! Anyways, I've played the Wii plenty, maybe 2 hours a day now (played it about 10 hours a day for the first week I got it, no joke. I beat TP in 1 week), and nothing, not controllers internet or anything has gone wrong.

I got mine off of amazon.com. Bought from amazon as well they were the seller. It's a 46" Samsung DLP HDTV widescreen of course. Best Buy was selling it for $1700-1800 when I bought it and I paid $1300 for it delivered and carried in for me. Have an excellent warranty and etc. Very happy with amazon.com service. Just be weary of individual sellers. Bet you could get my TV on there now for $800-1100.

acphydro said:
You spent $500 for less features it appears. At least that's how it is panning out right now. At least these features are for the most part a no show.

How is it less features? Blu ray player, cell processor, bigger hard drive, and bigger games. Its the most powerful console ever built. If you dont think its worth the money then thats you. If you buy a sony product, your buying the name. Its why most of their electronics cost more than the other brands. Its why the ps3 costs more than all the other systems. Well that and sony stuffed a blu ray player in the system :D I think the ps3 is worth $500 and $600, however I dont feel the same way about all of their electronics. Its the same reason why people buy a bmw. I would never spend the money on one, but thats my opinion. I feel you can get a car with more power, better looks, and the same options.

go ahead and play dvds in it. i bet you anything it will screw it up. dvds absolutely jacked the ps2 up. i had one stop playing dvds then stopped playing games. i had played a ton of dvds in it. i got it fixed by sony, then it did it again. my girl had one, never had dvds in it to this day, i have played the sh-t out of it, still runs fine. my boy and i counted 10 ps2s that went down from playing dvds. so that blu ray player you paid for could very well kill your precious piece of sh-t. and maybe if you promote sony enough, theyll fix it for you when it does.
actually, they sort of had a lifetime warranty on the ps2, if it broke, no matter how long you had it, if they couldnt determine it wasnt your fault(as in if they could blame you for using third party hard/software) then they would fix it for free. but something tells me they dont have that same policy with the p.o.s3. however, they might. and if so well theyre going to be spending even more money thatn they have now.

Wii&Ps3 said:
How is it less features? Blu ray player, cell processor, bigger hard drive, and bigger games. Its the most powerful console ever built. If you dont think its worth the money then thats you. If you buy a sony product, your buying the name. Its why most of their electronics cost more than the other brands. Its why the ps3 costs more than all the other systems. Well that and sony stuffed a blu ray player in the system :D I think the ps3 is worth $500 and $600, however I dont feel the same way about all of their electronics. Its the same reason why people buy a bmw. I would never spend the money on one, but thats my opinion. I feel you can get a car with more power, better looks, and the same options.

Blu-Ray player is pointless. It's only been proven that playing movies on your console causes extra wear and tear on it. Likely when its out of its warranty. Cell processor isn't as powerful as you would think it is. It's overhyped, just as quad core for the PC is right now. Bigger hard drive doesn't even matter at all in the slightest. 20GB isn't very big at all, 60GB isn't much more. Maybe with a 120GB or more you could justify it, but not with the little space it does have. I've got over 1.2TB of storage across my 4 computers. My Wii has 8GB of storage provided by 2 4GB SD cards. Simply put, 20GB is their mainstream console and it's just not enough. 60GB is 3x as much but still not very much in the real world.

Bigger games is a moot point, bigger games doesn't mean better games or better looking games. That's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Your car comparison stays true here. The PS3 is like a BMW, there is no reason to get it when you can get the Wii or the xbox360 that has more features, better gameplay, better games, better control and the like. Almost seems like you would be the type to waste money on a BMW vs a decent Chevrolet. You did buy the BMW of consoles after all.

Calvinhedge said:

I bought my 47" samsung projection tv from sams club For $625 plus tax. It was open box. IN about a year im gonna pick up a nice 1080p set open box from there. Any electronics that are returned get marked down 30% and are guaranteed for life.

dedpoet777 said:
go ahead and play dvds in it. i bet you anything it will screw it up. dvds absolutely jacked the ps2 up. i had one stop playing dvds then stopped playing games. i had played a ton of dvds in it. i got it fixed by sony, then it did it again. my girl had one, never had dvds in it to this day, i have played the sh-t out of it, still runs fine. my boy and i counted 10 ps2s that went down from playing dvds. so that blu ray player you paid for could very well kill your precious piece of sh-t. and maybe if you promote sony enough, theyll fix it for you when it does.
actually, they sort of had a lifetime warranty on the ps2, if it broke, no matter how long you had it, if they couldnt determine it wasnt your fault(as in if they could blame you for using third party hard/software) then they would fix it for free. but something tells me they dont have that same policy with the p.o.s3. however, they might. and if so well theyre going to be spending even more money thatn they have now.

I played dvd's on my ps3 for over 4 years. Its still works to this day and that was my main dvd player for the entire time. I just gave it to my g/f sister who is still using it. She actually plays dvd's on it too. I play dvd's and blu ray disks on my ps3 all the time. Its only a couple of months old, but I have no doubt it will work for many years.

Its funny how you say one thing, and then say "they might". You so that alot. You dont know what your talking about, but throw that in to protect yourself. Why is that? Instead of running you mouth, why not learn what your talking about????

Wii&Ps3 said:
I played dvd's on my ps3 for over 4 years. Its still works to this day and that was my main dvd player for the entire time. I just gave it to my g/f sister who is still using it. She actually plays dvd's on it too. I play dvd's and blu ray disks on my ps3 all the time. Its only a couple of months old, but I have no doubt it will work for many years.

Its funny how you say one thing, and then say "they might". You so that alot. You dont know what your talking about, but throw that in to protect yourself. Why is that? Instead of running you mouth, why not learn what your talking about????

I highly doubt you played dvds on your ps3 for 4 years. It's been proven that doing so will shorten the life of the laser. Regardless of what you say, it has been proven. Many people have experienced it or seen it first hand.

dedpoet777 said:
every time you try to get smart you get dumb. i said "mine has been played 200 hours" i didnt say I played it 200 hours. that is what youre problem is. you miss the whole point of everything. i have a girlfriend who has played it. and i have friends that have played it. i personally have played maybe 100 hours since it came out. Is that clear enough for you? bold enough for you? learn to read. get some brains. youre obviously not intelligent at all. you dont impress anyone here. we all hate you. youre absolutely worthless. your opinions are useless. youre annoying. is all that clear to you? make sure to read this 5-6 times so you can understand it. i try to speak english, but im afraid you have problems with english, as pointed out by someone else.

amazing also how you get a ps3 and it is perfect when many others arent, and you get a wii and its a nightmare, like hardly any are. mine does none of that stuff, nor does any of my friends. thats 5 out of 5 that dont do that. and plenty of wii's on this forum dont do that. yes some have problems, but nothing like the ps3. that is the point. you see it? you just wont seem to admit that the ps3 is for the most part junk. you seem to act like a console with that many problems is normal. as i said, get some brains.

your problems probably come from your piece of junk ps3. theyre both blue tooth right? think of that? amazing how you and sovieto both have a ps3 and remote syncing problems. you get rid of that ps3 your whole life will have more meaning and your wii will probably work. its infecting your wii, save it while you can.

IM glad I annoy you. However I am not the one who starts threads making fun of the ps3 in the ps3 section. I dont start any threads making fun of the wii.

Alot of poeple have had problems with the wii. Im glad your only 5 friends havent had problems. Thats 5 out of 3 million? Big deal. Do you in fact know more people who have had problems with the ps3 than the wii? Wheres your proof? Im sure you will try and say from reading message boards. How many owners are actually on message boards? I actually see quite a few people have problems on message boards with the wii. About the same as the ps3. Another funny part is alot of problems are getting fixed with firmware updates on the ps3. Including the ps2 game problem :p

I got my wii before the ps3 and it had those problems before. Theres nothing else in my house thats bluetooth. Not my laptop and bluetooth on my phones are shut off. Nice try at a stupid point :lol:

acphydro said:
I highly doubt you played dvds on your ps3 for 4 years. It's been proven that doing so will shorten the life of the laser. Regardless of what you say, it has been proven. Many people have experienced it or seen it first hand.

Theres no way for me to prove it. I played a crapload of dvd's on it. I didnt use my other dvd player because it didnt have an optical cable output on it. Thats why i used the ps2. It still runs perfect today.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Theres no way for me to prove it. I played a crapload of dvd's on it. I didnt use my other dvd player because it didnt have an optical cable output on it. Thats why i used the ps2. It still runs perfect today.

Yeah you'd have to prove you've had a PS3 for 4 years first :p

I played a few dvds on my PS2, but after learning and reading I quit. Not a few months later I had to co-workers that wanted me to replace the laser's in their PS2s. They said they watched a lot of movies on it. That is also why ps2 lasers are readily available. It's rare to see a gamecube laser fail, if it does its mostly attributed to leaving the console on overnight, definitely not due to playing movies :)

Many XBOX lasers have failed too and most people I know that had their's fail played movies on them quite often. It's an unnecessary strain on the laser. There were few units with really good lasers though. Lots of v7 ps2's had excellent lasers. But generally the system's lasers were hit or miss.

Also in regards to your last post, I know 3 people with PS3s, and for some reason 2 of the units wouldn't play any games, but would load blu-ray movies just fine.

acphydro said:
Blu-Ray player is pointless. It's only been proven that playing movies on your console causes extra wear and tear on it. Likely when its out of its warranty. Cell processor isn't as powerful as you would think it is. It's overhyped, just as quad core for the PC is right now. Bigger hard drive doesn't even matter at all in the slightest. 20GB isn't very big at all, 60GB isn't much more. Maybe with a 120GB or more you could justify it, but not with the little space it does have. I've got over 1.2TB of storage across my 4 computers. My Wii has 8GB of storage provided by 2 4GB SD cards. Simply put, 20GB is their mainstream console and it's just not enough. 60GB is 3x as much but still not very much in the real world.

Bigger games is a moot point, bigger games doesn't mean better games or better looking games. That's completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Your car comparison stays true here. The PS3 is like a BMW, there is no reason to get it when you can get the Wii or the xbox360 that has more features, better gameplay, better games, better control and the like. Almost seems like you would be the type to waste money on a BMW vs a decent Chevrolet. You did buy the BMW of consoles after all.

Please name a more powerful gaming console... I know you can get a more powerful computer, but the ps3 blows the 360 out of the water. The wii isnt even a comparison.

How does the wii have more features? Because of the curson on a screen? I have way better control with the ps3 remote than anyone has with their laggy wii remote. cod3 is much better on the ps3 than the wii. The wii ruins gameplay on many games including fps. I would rather have played zelda with a classic remote than the wii remote. The 360 has better online features, but thats it. The system is at about its max right now. The ps3 is about on par and its using 25% of its processing power. Yeah they are almost comparable ;)

The ps3 is like a bmw. Its more money but has more features. However the only difference is that no other console has as many features or capabilities.

acphydro said:
Yeah you'd have to prove you've had a PS3 for 4 years first :p

I played a few dvds on my PS2, but after learning and reading I quit. Not a few months later I had to co-workers that wanted me to replace the laser's in their PS2s. They said they watched a lot of movies on it. That is also why ps2 lasers are readily available. It's rare to see a gamecube laser fail, if it does its mostly attributed to leaving the console on overnight, definitely not due to playing movies :)

Many XBOX lasers have failed too and most people I know that had their's fail played movies on them quite often. It's an unnecessary strain on the laser. There were few units with really good lasers though. Lots of v7 ps2's had excellent lasers. But generally the system's lasers were hit or miss.

Also in regards to your last post, I know 3 people with PS3s, and for some reason 2 of the units wouldn't play any games, but would load blu-ray movies just fine.

my ps2 is fine. I never knew a movie would tear up a laser. If I did I probably wouldnt have used it, but it didnt hurt it anyways. Im not doubting you, im just giving you my experiences with it.

Wii&Ps3 said:
Please name a more powerful gaming console... I know you can get a more powerful computer, but the ps3 blows the 360 out of the water. The wii isnt even a comparison.

How does the wii have more features? Because of the curson on a screen? I have way better control with the ps3 remote than anyone has with their laggy wii remote. cod3 is much better on the ps3 than the wii. The wii ruins gameplay on many games including fps. I would rather have played zelda with a classic remote than the wii remote. The 360 has better online features, but thats it. The system is at about its max right now. The ps3 is about on par and its using 25% of its processing power. Yeah they are almost comparable ;)

The ps3 is like a bmw. Its more money but has more features. However the only difference is that no other console has as many features or capabilities.

The wii is more powerful due to the fact is has more features, better offerings, better games, a better control system. The Wii remote isn't laggy at all unless user error is involved. Read the manual, set it up right and you will have no problems. Consoles in general ruin FPS gameplay and controls. The Wii is the exception, with the closest to real control on a console you'll get in an FPS game. Call of Duty 3 may be the test title, but from what I've played it plays great, almost a PC like experience. Zelda with the wii remote was awesome, much better than the gamecube version with a regular controller.

There is no question that the PS3 has more power than the xbox360 or wii in graphical capabilities, but thats all it has. It doesn't have games, features, gameplay, control and innovation.

The xbox360 and the Wii have too many more features and capabilities than the ps3 does, thats why demand for the ps3 is so low. No one wants a system that doesn't do anything better than the xbox360 and wii and costs a hell of a lot more in the process. Xbox360 costs $300 brand new and you can add a HD-DVD player for $160-200. Still cheaper than the PS3, and HD-DVD looks better. It's a generic console pushed out at the last moment to try to compete. :lol:

They were desperate, it shows. Better luck next time.

Wii&Ps3 said:
my ps2 is fine. I never knew a movie would tear up a laser. If I did I probably wouldnt have used it, but it didnt hurt it anyways. Im not doubting you, im just giving you my experiences with it.

Any time you use an optical laser you are subjecting it to stress. My guess is that the drive is geared towards gameplay, during a movie there is constant reading of the disc which is probably why more wear and tear occurs. Also probably why its hard to get GTA game backups to play right as they read continuously off of the discs. Blu-Ray's versatility is nice in that aspect, but thats the only thing it has going for it.

Last edited:
Back