Videos of Numerous PS3 Problems(must see)

Lethal said:
Your dumbest person Ive seen on these forums yet. What kind of queer talks about holding hands with guys in sunsets? Seriously your like some punk kid that likes dudes or somethin. Now go cry in your bed because you cant afford a measely $600 for the PS3. That is chump change! My videocard costs more than that. And I never said the Blu-Ray discs werent being read dumbass. I said the Wii doesnt always read the disc. Learn to read and comprehend you wasteless piece of crap.
hahaha omg. wow you guys really should be together, you should get his number. actualy, you moron, i could buy 200 ps3's right now. do that math on that if you can that will tell you how much i got in the bank. im sure youll need a calculator cause youre clearly moronic. why do i have that much money? ive had it since i was 11 years old, because i dont spend money on garbage such as the ps3. as i said go be with wii&ps3....you guys are perfect for eachother. also if you actually watch these videos youd see that with blu ray or not the ps3 has problems. what is blu ray when you got lines all over the screen? that is what i meant. sorry i had to spell that out for you. and what the f--k is "wasteless"? what does that even mean? and how lame is it to come to a wii forum and bash it? you expect to get ps3 bashing here. go fluff the ps3 guys up on their forums...please.

Last edited:
acphydro said:
Didn't get defensive. Just stating that we do not KNOW how these things will affect the wii. Just because it uses bluetooth doesn't mean nintendo's engineers have done something different with it or etc. You can't prove otherwise. Nintendo has no need to support 3rd party accessories. They never have and they still don't. Each applies to both the ps3 and the wii.

You obviously got a little heated though :). Your "situations" could have been caused by user error without knowing it or interference. Logically speaking I should say. Either way, my statement was meant to point out these logical possibilities.

All that is being said is that its possible. Not likely, or set in stone, or etc. No need to get upset about it buddy :)

Oh, and it wasn't user error. :lol: It was simply random.

Nah, I'm not upset. I just want to see more people purchase the PS3. The reason I hated on it so much is that I wasn't aware I could do so much with it. Just the fact that I can run linux on it opens a lot of possibilities for me as a multimedia system. Sony knows that there is a huge market for multimedia gaming system.

Now that the graphical issues with PS2 backward compatibility are fixed, I'm extremely happy with the system. :)

Of course, the Wii has the GREATEST gameplay ever. I love the Wii remote. I'm waiting for a TON of games to come out for it... Like Wii Play and Super Mario Galaxy, as well as Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Furthermore, for 360, I'm waiting for Mass Effect and Halo 3. For PS3, I'm waiting for Motorstorm, GT: HD Concept, GT 5, and Ridge Racer 7.

With that being said... I love all three. I know they will each have their exclusives. I will say this much though... For the Wii having been updated as rarely as it has, it's software is top notch. PS3 has been updated quite a bit (not necessarily often, but a ton of bugfixes/feature updates). This should really be considered the first generation of true online consoles. Xbox of course had Xbox Live which was great, but its support is vastly improved for Xbox 360. For the PS2 "network support"... Well... It tried. The Gamecube was simple enough that network support would have added unnecessary cost for the benefit of just a few games.

damn dude just SHUT THE F UCK UP dont u realize in your tiny little brain people dont like you and what you say doesnt make any sense at all think about it funny man

alocubano1110 said:
did i say buy one you retard? to me the wii was a waste of money which is why i sold it.

You know, you should just go f uck yourself. Then you'll be nice and warmed up for your boyfriend.

You probably live near Piedmont Park

alocubano1110 said:
did i say buy one you retard? to me the wii was a waste of money which is why i sold it.
good then now you can leave this forum. cause obviously youre just here to run your mouth.

SuperH said:
Oh, and it wasn't user error. :lol: It was simply random.

Nah, I'm not upset. I just want to see more people purchase the PS3. The reason I hated on it so much is that I wasn't aware I could do so much with it. Just the fact that I can run linux on it opens a lot of possibilities for me as a multimedia system. Sony knows that there is a huge market for multimedia gaming system.

Now that the graphical issues with PS2 backward compatibility are fixed, I'm extremely happy with the system. :)

Of course, the Wii has the GREATEST gameplay ever. I love the Wii remote. I'm waiting for a TON of games to come out for it... Like Wii Play and Super Mario Galaxy, as well as Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Furthermore, for 360, I'm waiting for Mass Effect and Halo 3. For PS3, I'm waiting for Motorstorm, GT: HD Concept, GT 5, and Ridge Racer 7.

With that being said... I love all three. I know they will each have their exclusives. I will say this much though... For the Wii having been updated as rarely as it has, it's software is top notch. PS3 has been updated quite a bit (not necessarily often, but a ton of bugfixes/feature updates). This should really be considered the first generation of true online consoles. Xbox of course had Xbox Live which was great, but its support is vastly improved for Xbox 360. For the PS2 "network support"... Well... It tried. The Gamecube was simple enough that network support would have added unnecessary cost for the benefit of just a few games.

Hey if your a linux man then you probably know the first troubleshooting step is to "eliminate the user" as a possible cause :]

Now, having a multimedia system is nice. You could build a damn powerful multimedia machine for $600 though. Tons more than 60GB storage too. Can't fit Blu-Ray into that budget but thats not what a multimedia machine is for at least not for most people. Either way $600 will get you an awesome multimedia PC designed for its purpose. Being able to run linux on the PS3 is nice though. I just recently RMA'd a Seagate 300GB PATA drive and a few days ago I received the replacement. They sent me a 750GB PushButton External Firewire/USB2.0 drive brand new. I knew it was a mistake. It took me awhile but I gave them a call they told me to keep it. I destroyed the external enclosure and got the drive out of it. Now I have an extra 750GB in my main pc that already has 2 200GB drives. I bought the original drive for $100, so for $100+15 shipping I got 750GB. The thing sells for $410 in its enclosure and $340 without it. Imagine getting that for your media machine. Sorry for getting off topic but this was an exciting past few days. Never in the years I've been building pc's have I ever got this lucky.

Yeah I don't know what I'd do without my PS2/PSX games and if they wouldn't have fixed it I definitely wouldn't be getting one, except for Final Fantasy XIII. That's the only game I'm looking forward to on it. Now on the Wii I have a long list of Virtual Console titles I want, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, another Zelda hopefully, smash brothers, a future mario kart and metroid prime. Quite a few more at that.

The xbox live was an innovation for consoles. It really was and its what makes the 360 stand out and shine. I haven't caught onto the hype with it, and I did own one, but I sure as hell am looking forward to sports online, mario kart, mario party, etc. Final Fantasy XIII Versus as well.

acphydro said:
Hey if your a linux man then you probably know the first troubleshooting step is to "eliminate the user" as a possible cause :]

Now, having a multimedia system is nice. You could build a damn powerful multimedia machine for $600 though. Tons more than 60GB storage too. Can't fit Blu-Ray into that budget but thats not what a multimedia machine is for at least not for most people. Either way $600 will get you an awesome multimedia PC designed for its purpose. Being able to run linux on the PS3 is nice though. I just recently RMA'd a Seagate 300GB PATA drive and a few days ago I received the replacement. They sent me a 750GB PushButton External Firewire/USB2.0 drive brand new. I knew it was a mistake. It took me awhile but I gave them a call they told me to keep it. I destroyed the external enclosure and got the drive out of it. Now I have an extra 750GB in my main pc that already has 2 200GB drives. I bought the original drive for $100, so for $100+15 shipping I got 750GB. The thing sells for $410 in its enclosure and $340 without it. Imagine getting that for your media machine. Sorry for getting off topic but this was an exciting past few days. Never in the years I've been building pc's have I ever got this lucky.

Yeah I don't know what I'd do without my PS2/PSX games and if they wouldn't have fixed it I definitely wouldn't be getting one, except for Final Fantasy XIII. That's the only game I'm looking forward to on it. Now on the Wii I have a long list of Virtual Console titles I want, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, another Zelda hopefully, smash brothers, a future mario kart and metroid prime. Quite a few more at that.

The xbox live was an innovation for consoles. It really was and its what makes the 360 stand out and shine. I haven't caught onto the hype with it, and I did own one, but I sure as hell am looking forward to sports online, mario kart, mario party, etc. Final Fantasy XIII Versus as well.
sounds like a nice setup. i run windows, but i respect the alternative os's such as osx and linux. esp the new gui on linux is amazing.
though i dont like the price, if the ps3 had ALL the bugs straightened out id still buy it. i just dont trust it, since it had this many problems so far, not to have more problems in the future. im sure the price wont drop anytime soon. so if they get it all worked out. ill more than likely get one. there are some games i really want to play.

acphydro said:

Now, having a multimedia system is nice. You could build a damn powerful multimedia machine for $600 though. Tons more than 60GB storage too. Can't fit Blu-Ray into that budget but thats not what a multimedia machine is for at least not for most people. Either way $600 will get you an awesome multimedia PC designed for its purpose. Being able to run linux on the PS3 is nice though...

Yeah I don't know what I'd do without my PS2/PSX games and if they wouldn't have fixed it I definitely wouldn't be getting one, except for Final Fantasy XIII. That's the only game I'm looking forward to on it. Now on the Wii I have a long list of Virtual Console... another Zelda hopefully...

You know... exactly. I have a helluva multimedia PC actually. My PC is in my other HDMI port on my TV. The great thing about PS3, is that if I bring my PS3 somewhere, I have NES and SNES as well (I own a LOT of games for those systems -- I have roms for all of the games I own. I kept them. Nostalgia.). I have the Firefox web browser. I just need a keyboard, mouse, and some wired Xbox 360 controllers to make that happen! A big reason for this is that I wanted the BluRay capability. I bought the HD-DVD drive for Xbox 360, but... to my shock, all of the movies for HD-DVD for the most part are the ones I don't want. The BluRay exclusives are more my type of movie. Fortunately though, I can now play BOTH!

I see you've a long list of games on the Virtual Console you want to get. I also see that you like Zelda. Did you get "A Link to the Past" for Wii VC? That game is great!

My PS2 was on its last leg (needed some minor repairs - I didn't feel like replacing any worm gears or realigning the laser, though my technical background (Electrical Engineer) FAR exceeds what's required to do that). I used the "I don't feel like it," phrase to get me the PS3 on trade. I had three options... I could repair the PS2 (though, that still wouldn't fix my console's horrible implementation of progressive scan (PS2 Version 1). I could buy a new PS2 (which would be buying old hardware for a "new" gamer). Or, I could trade my PS2 for a PS3, and get the $100 for PS2 + 2 controllers + Memory card, and trade all of my accessories in on "boost" at EBGames with it to get me about $150 altogether. I took the last option. I don't like to be dishonest though, so I told the gentleman at EBGames that it took about 45 seconds to initialize a disc, that it did the "circular ring" scratch on a couple of them (though, it hasn't for about two years -- though, I hadn't played it much for that long!). Both are related to the same issue. He said they'd take care of it, that it wasn't an issue, so I then felt great about getting a lot for that old thing!

Oh, and as far as hard drive deals... I hear you. I'm running two SATA 2 Seagates in this machine, with 5 year warranties. They cost me $92 and $96 each (400GB each!)... Outpost/Fry's. They are perpendicular write, too!

Last edited:
dedpoet777 said:
sounds like a nice setup. i run windows, but i respect the alternative os's such as osx and linux. esp the new gui on linux is amazing.
though i dont like the price, if the ps3 had ALL the bugs straightened out id still buy it. i just dont trust it, since it had this many problems so far, not to have more problems in the future. im sure the price wont drop anytime soon. so if they get it all worked out. ill more than likely get one. there are some games i really want to play.

I run Windows too, but being able to run Linux is a nice feature. I too, am waiting for bugs to be ironed out before I purchase mine. Take a look at my sig, thats my main pc. Hell of an overclock on my processor and video card.

SuperH said:
You know... exactly. I have a helluva multimedia PC actually. My PC is in my other HDMI port on my TV. The great thing about PS3, is that if I bring my PS3 somewhere, I have NES and SNES as well (I own a LOT of games for those systems -- I have roms for all of the games I own. I kept them. Nostalgia.). I have the Firefox web browser. I just need a keyboard, mouse, and some wired Xbox 360 controllers to make that happen! A big reason for this is that I wanted the BluRay capability. I bought the HD-DVD drive for Xbox 360, but... to my shock, all of the movies for HD-DVD for the most part are the ones I don't want. The BluRay exclusives are more my type of movie. Fortunately though, I can now play BOTH!

I see you've a long list of games on the Virtual Console you want to get. I also see that you like Zelda. Did you get "A Link to the Past" for Wii VC? That game is great!

My PS2 was on its last leg (needed some minor repairs - I didn't feel like replacing any worm gears or realigning the laser, though my technical background (Electrical Engineer) FAR exceeds what's required to do that). I used the "I don't feel like it," phrase to get me the PS3 on trade. I had three options... I could repair the PS2 (though, that still wouldn't fix my console's horrible implementation of progressive scan (PS2 Version 1). I could buy a new PS2 (which would be buying old hardware for a "new" gamer). Or, I could trade my PS2 for a PS3, and get the $100 for PS2 + 2 controllers + Memory card, and trade all of my accessories in on "boost" at EBGames with it to get me about $150 altogether. I took the last option. I don't like to be dishonest though, so I told the gentleman at EBGames that it took about 45 seconds to initialize a disc, that it did the "circular ring" scratch on a couple of them (though, it hasn't for about two years -- though, I hadn't played it much for that long!). Both are related to the same issue. He said they'd take care of it, that it wasn't an issue, so I then felt great about getting a lot for that old thing!

Oh, and as far as hard drive deals... I hear you. I'm running two SATA 2 Seagates in this machine, with 5 year warranties. They cost me $92 and $96 each (400GB each!)... Outpost/Fry's. They are perpendicular write, too!

Yeah I've kept all my old games too. I've even got a Link to the Past still factory sealed. Got it off ebay for $60 a year or so ago. Had a Super Mario RPG factory sealed too, bought it off amazon.com for $100 and sold it on ebay for $310 or so. I am a collector, I have a HUGE final fantasy collection. If being able to take your SNES games and etc with you on your PS3 is your thing then if it works for you then nothing wrong with doing so, I'd much rather take my laptop though. I like portability when I'm on the road. How does the PS3 emulate those anyway? Noticeable lag or anything running on your PS3 on top of Linux? I loved the emulator for the gamecube but with sound on it was quite laggy. As stated I'll be getting a PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII but I do want to wait until the rest of the issues are ironed out if possible.

Yeah I have a REALLY long list of Virtual Console titles I want in another thread, probably at least 50 titles or so that I plan on buying and hell yes I bought Zelda A Link to the Past and am enjoying it again. It took me 10 years to find all the heart pieces without a guide, I bought one and found out that I knew where all heart pieces were just always overlooked one on each playthrough!!!

Yeah I can understand your PS2 dilemma. All the money I've spend on PS2 hardware over the years I could buy a PS3 now with no problems with that money and I probably would have but it was compelete BS that I had to buy 4 PS2s. My first two were versions 1 and 5 both lasers died after a 1-2 years of use. Never left it on, never played movies on them either. My 3rd one I attempted to solder a magic 3.1 chip into it and being young and ignorant, I didn't practice or anything because soldering looked easy so I just looked at the diagram and attempted it without practicing lol. Needless to say when it was done it didn't work anymore. I then bought a slimline PS2 when it came out, still have it to this day, modded it with a fliptop and swap magic. Plays flawlessly. A co-worker had worse luck, he gave me his, I bought a $30 laser from richspsxparts.com took me about 20 minutes to put it in, after that it worked like a dream and I sold it.

This hard drive I recieved is a perpendicular write too. I just can't believe I got a 750GB for nothing. I'd like to get another just so I can raid them. Having over 1TB of storage in my main PC is just insane.

dedpoet777 said:
hahaha omg. wow you guys really should be together, you should get his number. actualy, you moron, i could buy 200 ps3's right now. do that math on that if you can that will tell you how much i got in the bank. im sure youll need a calculator cause youre clearly moronic. why do i have that much money? ive had it since i was 11 years old

Good for you turbo! Lucky for me I dont need to save money to buy things. Dont try talking money with me kid. I make plenty of money to buy anything I want. What are you like 15? If even that? Im done wasting time on a punk kid who thinks he knows everything about a system he cant afford. Next chump!

I swear acphydro is the only person on these forums that isnt a damn fanboy. The only people that knock the PS3 are the ones that cant afford one. $600 is cheap! Get a damn job ladies!

Last edited:
Lethal said:
Good for you turbo! Lucky for me I dont need to save money to buy things. Dont try talking money with me kid. I make plenty of money to buy anything I want. What are you like 15? If even that? Im done wasting time on a punk kid who thinks he knows everything about a system he cant afford. Next chump!
good im glad youre done you idiot. im 26 years old. and im glad you make plenty of money...good for you. i dont even have to work...but thanks. my rent and bills are paid for for years and anything else i want. so if anything...dont talk to ME about money. if you dont like the wii then leave this forum. how lame is it to start sh-t with people? im not on the ps3 forum doing that cause that would be lame...like your brain is. i dont need to save money either. 200x600 is 120,000. that is what it is my bank account, plus some. i told you...get a calculator you moron.

Last edited:
dedpoet777 said:
good im glad youre done you idiot. im 26 years old. and im glad you make plenty of money...good for you. i dont even have to work...but thanks. my rent and bills are paid for for years and anything else i want. so if anything...dont talk to ME about money. if you dont like the wii then leave this forum. how lame is it to start sh-t with people? im not on the ps3 forum doing that cause that would be lame...like your brain is.

Good for you mamas boy! Im 26 as well, wanna see whos daddy is bigger now? You sound like your 12. Like my brain is? Seriously dude wtf is that? Why leave the forum? The topic is about the PS3 and I have all 3 systems. I didnt know this was a fanboy forum only lol. Get a life man and accept that there are people that actually know what they are talking about. Dont cry because your precious Wii is a gimmick by Nintendo to see how much they can make off a $75 system lol.
Funny thing is I love the Wii but I am no fool to its technology. It wont be able to compete with the PS3 or 360. The control will hype is already drifting away with its slow response and eventually turn into another gamecube or virtual boy. But Nintendo knew this already and is now working on a real machine. Just like the first DS this is just a prop to see if Nintendo can make money off it later.

Now you will reply with something dumb like "Yes my daddy is bigger than yours" And then you will say that you were in some dumb accident or something stupid which is why you have money. Booo hoooo! What else you got to say?

Last edited:
Back