Viewing/controlling Wii from PC?

Ifry

WiiChat Member
Apr 18, 2009
Hello everyone, I'm considering buying a Wii, and I've got a couple questions I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

First, I'm planning on hooking up the Wii to a large LCD monitor. So people playing the Wii will use the monitor. However I'd also like other people not playing the games be able to observe the games in real-time on a second monitor, ideally in a different room than the one the wii is in. Would this be difficult to set up?

Second question: I'd like the people watching the games to be able to pause the games at certain times, using a computer rather than the wii console itself. Would this be easy to set up?

Thanks!:)

AFIAK - it would be possible to split the video signal and display it on two separate screens. How easy I don't know.

The pause thing? Nope.

It shouldn't be too hard.

First you would need an RCA to VGA adapter.

Then you would need a splitter for the VGA. You may need to find a few splitters to connect a computer.

Remember, male connectors are with the spikes and female connectors have holes in them.

You could somehow program a servo to press the + button... But the remote would have to be tethered to the Wii as well...hmmm

Thanks for the responses. If I used a splitter, would there be any lag between the images on the monitors?

Thanks for the responses. If I used a splitter, would there be any lag between the images on the monitors?

No, but the quality of the signal will drop a bit. I use splitters to hook my Dreamcast and Wii up at the same time and it seems that the color drops a bit.

Back