viewing videos on the wii??

Teckx49

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
Canada
Wii Online Code
6665-8782-7692-6005
i dont understand how to do it

i have my sd card in their with a south park episode on it (.mov) format and it says unsupported data???

wut am i doing wrong?

no man u cant put mov files (i think)...i be watching dvd movies (torrents :p) that i convert to avi or mpg and then i watch them on the wee wee

but the photo channel says that it can play vidoes in .mov format

it has 2 be a Quick Time video it reads Quick Time vides only

I *think* it only supports .mjpeg...I'm sure there are a couple of threads on here that got into a bit more detail.

As far as I can tell, the compression software for the wii at the moment isn't up to much...tends to triple the size of file :S.

intekmdma said:
i thought .mov was quick time?
o is it i dont no a but all i no is any real player or itunes, media center, sonic , inter video or all the other **** i hav on my laptop dont work put all my quick time vids work ese

Ok, i got it half working. to make it play the video you first need to get quicktime pro(the method you choose to get it is up to you). once you have that, simply select the file you want and open it with quick time. now click on File->Export, once thats done, click on the Options... button and select the setting button in the video section, then finaly select the Motion JPEG A compression, and then just click ok->ok->Save and voila, no sound but you got video, i dont know what the audio compression is sappose to be on a camera, but if we can figure it out, we can put movies on

Back