Views on Drinking, Smoking, Ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The_Loose_Cannon said:
its wrong to take pot becuase its illegal bottom line. even though you and i agree that pot can be medically helpful, it is still illegal and thats what makes people stick their noses up at it

antibiotics is natural too because its a fungus/bacteria. its not manmade. advil IS manmade though. there are lots of chemicals in it to alieviate pain and people can get hooked on them too (psychological mainly). thats why there is a max dosage (limit 8 per 24 hours) and only so many MG (max ive seen over the counter is 800MG) allowed to be sold unless perscribed by a dr

anyways, thats why most people think weed is bad without thinking of the pros/cons because it is illegal its automatically assumed that it is evil.

The only problem with that argument is that laws are NOT always right. If they were, they would never change. The law is in a constant state of flux...

Anyone ever heard of prohibition?

As I've mentioned, I have never taken ANY illegal drug...I make a point of not breaking the law in general.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all the laws that have been passed. You can take a hardline stance on it: "it's against the law so it's wrong;" however,
I try to form my own opinions on things based on all the available evidence.

It's one thing to live your life according to morals that dictate not breaking the law, but it's entirely another to be so naive and narrow-minded that you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that perhaps some of the laws that have been passed are not necessarily in our best interests.

For the simple fact that lawmakers are human, it is likely that they will make mistakes and missteps. I feel drug laws fall into this area. It doesn't mean I'm taking them, nor suggesting to anyone else that they should.

hiredgoonz said:
The only problem with that argument is that laws are NOT always right. If they were, they would never change. The law is in a constant state of flux...

Anyone ever heard of prohibition?

As I've mentioned, I have never taken ANY illegal drug...I make a point of not breaking the law in general.

That doesn't mean that I agree with all the laws that have been passed. You can take a hardline stance on it: "it's against the law so it's wrong;" however,
I try to form my own opinions on things based on all the available evidence.

It's one thing to live your life according to morals that dictate not breaking the law, but it's entirely another to be so naive and narrow-minded that you refuse to even acknowledge the possibility that perhaps some of the laws that have been passed are not necessarily in our best interests.

For the simple fact that lawmakers are human, it is likely that they will make mistakes and missteps. I feel drug laws fall into this area. It doesn't mean I'm taking them, nor suggesting to anyone else that they should.

no i completely understand that the law isnt always right. trust me just becasue i have to uphold them and guide people to the "right way of life" doenst mean that half the things they do that we ticket them for are correct. IE jay walking....what cop has EVER gave a ticket for jaywalking?!?! pot too. its NOT that bad! come on now......hell im so cool with the neighborhood people that i patrol, people have smoked right infront of me just because i dont care and i wont arrest someone for weed when its "hollistic" i dont really mind. (the smell can sometimes make me a little naucious but wtvr it doesnt matter)

in any event, yes i know about prohibition. but weed isnt alachol. you didnt see elliot ness try to stop al capone from smuggling weed didcha? lol

but seriously though, the law is CONSTANTLY changing and i can see in the near future weed becomming legal. i mean really, if it were to be legal, youd see EVERYONES opinion change. youd see people who thought "OMG I WOULDNT TOUCH THAT SH*T ITS DISGUSTING AND AGAINST EVERYTHING I STAND FOR!!!!!!!!" try it in a heartbeat because whos to stop them from doing something that "is legal?"

go figure.

as for people being nieve, i agree. i may be against people smoking weed because its illegal and im suppost to but i see why people smoke it and i know why they do. there is NOTHING wrong with the drug per say for those that do it. thats why i agree with you and fistpittingnork. you 2 are intellegent and know your facts about smoking weed. you know what youre talking about and how it can be beneficial. thats why i respect your theories. i wouldnt argue with you if you didnt have an intellegent standpoint. if you were like half the knuckleheads that wrote "oh dont do it cause its bad" or "i smoke it just cause" id find you to be the dumbest individuals possible. what facts do you have that its bad? what facts do you have cause its good? you can quote fistpitting and yourself all you want but youre only agreeing with facts that have already been pointed out by someone else who took the time in educating the rest of this thread

no one should condone smoking weed in general. one smokes it for personal reasons. one shouldnt put peer pressure and other thoughts of good vs bad into the minds of minors.

what they do is their decision and their decision only ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't advocated it or tried to convince anyone they should do it. I've even clarified that point at least twice.

If one's argument is: "it's wrong because it's illegal," then they have nothing further of substance to contribute to this discussion.

It is against the law, so for that reason alone, you shouldn't do it.

hiredgoonz said:
I haven't advocated it or tried to convince anyone they should do it. I've even clarified that point at least twice.

If one's argument is: "it's wrong because it's illegal," then they have nothing further of substance to contribute to this discussion.

It is against the law, so for that reason alone, you shouldn't do it.

i never said you were :) im saying in general and its primarily directed to members such as paintballer who has been targeting at the kids who wish not to do these drugs (and good for them for not trying it in the first place!)

and thats what i was trying to say that requoting you and fistpittingnork isnt doing anything except wasting space on the thread. those that are saying "its bad" or "its illegal" or "i smoke it just cause" are idiotic with like you said nothing to contribute primarily because why? why is the legit reason? not like wed persude you to do it but we wanna know why. not like we dont respect the decision either but why type only that and then nothing else afterwards? its not intellegent at all and its not really saying anything about your views. thats what this thread it. about your views and if its just one sentence on "ew" then whats the point of posting in the first place?

thats what my little "rant" was above which wasnt really a rant, just a novel again :)

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i never said you were :) im saying in general and its primarily directed to members such as paintballer who has been targeting at the kids who wish not to do these drugs (and good for them for not trying it in the first place!)

Hey wtf I didn't even say anything against people that don't want to do them. I said that its their choice. Also you said that I was making fun of that guy for not drinking tea in an earlier post and I wasn't making fun of him I was just asking why because nearly everyone I know is mormon and almost everyone I know consumes caffine.

paintba||er said:
Hey wtf I didn't even say anything against people that don't want to do them. I said that its their choice. Also you said that I was making fun of that guy for not drinking tea in an earlier post and I wasn't making fun of him I was just asking why because nearly everyone I know is mormon and almost everyone I know consumes caffine.

its been comming off that way to the way ive been reading it. it seems like youve been picking on people for their own beliefs even the jesus kid. granted yes its annoying and my mom is a religious freak and i cant stand any form of organized religion BUT regardless its his beliefs as annoying as you may find them. granted i appologized because you snaped and it DOES get annoying when you constantly read about it but its still his opinion just like youre entitled to yours, hes entitled to his

and it did seem like you were making fun of the kid with the caffine. just because youre morman and you do caffine doesnt mean because its morman too he wont do it. everyone takes bits and pieces of their religion to make it form around their life so why convince them otherwise?

paintba||er said:

I didn't get the impression you were trying to push anyone into drugs :)

There's a difference between offering to sell someone a dime-bag and pointing out flaws in their thinking...

This is all I've been trying to do...I don't care if someone does drugs or not, but they should have logical reasons for their belief, and it should be based on fact, not myth.

If your argument is that your religion says you shouldn't take mind-altering substances, cool...that's a perfectly valid argument.

However, if that's your argument and you consume alcohol, then you're a hypocrite...

If your argument is that you don't want to put unnatural things in your body, then that's just sloppy thinking...cannabis is 100% natural...

Whatever the viewpoint, I'm going to poke holes in weak arguments...

And in defense of paintba||er, I really don't think he's trying to sell High Times subscriptions or anything :smilewinkgrin:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
its been comming off that way to the way ive been reading it. it seems like youve been picking on people for their own beliefs even the jesus kid. granted yes its annoying and my mom is a religious freak and i cant stand any form of organized religion BUT regardless its his beliefs as annoying as you may find them. granted i appologized because you snaped and it DOES get annoying when you constantly read about it but its still his opinion just like youre entitled to yours, hes entitled to his

and it did seem like you were making fun of the kid with the caffine. just because youre morman and you do caffine doesnt mean because its morman too he wont do it. everyone takes bits and pieces of their religion to make it form around their life so why convince them otherwise?

Why does everybody keep saying I'm Mormon? Its getting really annoying. Everyone just assumes that I'm Mormon because I'm from Utah when I'm actually an Athiest.

hiredgoonz said:
I didn't get the impression you were trying to push anyone into drugs :)

There's a difference between offering to sell someone a dime-bag and pointing out flaws in their thinking...

And in defense of paintba||er, I really don't think he's trying to sell High Times subsriptions or anything :smilewinkgrin:

never once did i say that he was pushing drugs. i said that he was mocking other people for not trying it. it seems like it from time to time. actually all the time.

im only pointing out flaws in his thinking because his thinking sometimes comes off as arrogent as if hes a know it all. and it just seems sketchy :nono:

again, never said he was trying to get people to do it i was saying that he was knocking those who havent tried it

paintba||er said:
Why does everybody keep saying I'm Mormon? Its getting really annoying. Everyone just assumes that I'm Mormon because I'm from Utah when I'm actually an Athiest.

i thought you wrote you were? weird maybe it was a retort or something but mormon and your screen name just stuck in my head :confused:

The_Loose_Cannon said:
never once did i say that he was pushing drugs. i said that he was mocking other people for not trying it. it seems like it from time to time. actually all the time.

im only pointing out flaws in his thinking because his thinking sometimes comes off as arrogent as if hes a know it all. and it just seems sketchy :nono:

again, never said he was trying to get people to do it i was saying that he was knocking those who havent tried it

I don't know, he seems pretty sharp and most of his arguments seem clear and clean...part of this debate has been challenging people's preconceived notions about drugs...hard to do that without seeming like you're advocating it...

hiredgoonz said:
I don't know, he seems pretty sharp and most of his arguments seem clear and clean...part of this debate has been challenging people's preconceived notions about drugs...hard to do that without seeming like you're advocating it...

i guess there in lies the difference between my perceptions and yours

Ya well we didn't meet under too good of circumstances. We were arguing since I fist met her on here and it seemed to carry on into every other thread. So I didn't make a very good first impression on her but w/e.

Oh, i forgot to add that I am mainly against people breaking the law. If marijuana was legalized for therapeutic purposes, I wouldn't mind. If it was legalized for everyone, it would need a limit and I definitely wouldn't quick run into the nearest store and buy the place out.

Also, about the "God put them there thing", all of the quotes from the Bible are before the fall. (if your not samus or voltun or someone, you can skip this} I believe that in some way, shape, or form, the fall not only changed our human nature, but also changed things physically, such as mosquitoes, gnats, other nuisance creatures and also put side-effects on the plants and the like.

paintba||er said:
Ya well we didn't meet under too good of circumstances. We were arguing since I fist met her on here and it seemed to carry on into every other thread. So I didn't make a very good first impression on her but w/e.

never said i hated you either you just came off as obnoxious and "threatening" which we discussed previously and then it was a "fresh start" from there. again, im not mad at you are calling you names or thinking that you are wrong BUT your posts just seems to come off as if youre arrogent thats all

pervious circumstances and conversations have no effect on how i feel when i type to you now through this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back