Violence

Well I bought them with my money, my parents were with me so I guess they may be legally my parents but thats it. I'm the only one that uses them, and most of them are in my room. I did go to a class and got a little card but all I had to do was answer a few common sense questions and shoot a target. I also shoot them without "adult supervision" although I usually don't shoot at a range.

paintba||er said:
Haha you've only seen 2 guns? I have 8 in my room right now, not including BB/pellet and airsoft/paintball guns.

Thats kind of what i mean with the culture difference in regards to firearms. Over the last fortnight theres been 4 teenage shootings that have caught alot of media attention and the Prime Minister is already talking about bringing in even stricter sentences for posession of a gun.

paintba||er said:
Well I bought them with my money, my parents were with me so I guess they may be legally my parents but thats it. I'm the only one that uses them, and most of them are in my room. I did go to a class and got a little card but all I had to do was answer a few common sense questions and shoot a target. I also shoot them without "adult supervision" although I usually don't shoot at a range.
Then were do you shoot them?

paintba||er said:

Sorry but that scares the crap out of me.

Why would you get a 14 year old a gun or EIGHT :eek:ut:

Evil_kaz said:
Sorry but that scares the crap out of me.

Why would you get a 14 year old a gun or EIGHT :eek:ut:

welcome to UTAH take a number.....

my guess is that we have the next "ed gein" on our hands. if you dont know who that is google him

Wtf is so bad about having a gun? I enjoy hunting and its kinda hard to hunt without a gun. And I'm not a serial killer/cannibal. Hunting is another way to release your violence like we are supposed to be discussing in this thread. And I'm not a mormon I'm Athiest unlike everyone else in this damned place.

I'm a hunter as well and there is a pretty decent representation of all religions here, including atheism.

To sum my thoughts up, violence in games is okay as long as it isn't too over the top and the point of the game isn't killing people *cough*manhunt*cough* oh and i'll add cops ;) I don't explain it by saying it is a release of agression, just plain fun sometimes.

Hey TLC (ha ha, funny abbrev.) ever have to shoot someone where you actually wanted to?

Brawny said:
I'm a hunter as well and there is a pretty decent representation of all religions here, including atheism.

To sum my thoughts up, violence in games is okay as long as it isn't too over the top and the point of the game isn't killing people *cough*manhunt*cough* oh and i'll add cops ;) I don't explain it by saying it is a release of agression, just plain fun sometimes.

Hey TLC (ha ha, funny abbrev.) ever have to shoot someone where you actually wanted to?

not yet but its awefully tempting! lol however its one of those things where "if i had a penny for everytime i wanted to shoot someone id be very rich" lol

also its like listening to music violence, i used to LOVE NWA (N*ggahs With Attitude) "f*ck da police" and public enemy. hell "911 is a joke" is my FAVORITE song!

im not condoning that everyone be like ice t and go be a cop killer because thats bad BUT its just music.

<<Against meaningless violence
It dose not make a good game (just finished Phoenix wright)

Back