Virtual Console Appreciation

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Just recently have I dipped into the VC, and I love it.

I have been playing Ocarina Of Time and remember the days of me being an 8 year old and trying to beat the game.

Hopefully more good games are coming our way, because I will be going into the VC again real soon.

im glad you are enjoying the VC capability, and , i know what you mean , i get flashbacks alll the time when i play mario 64 and ocarina of time

Ocarina of Time has to be one of my best VC purchases. I agree that it does bring back some great memories of my younger days, sitting and staring at the TV from morning until night. Good times. :lol:

Aside from the prices, the VC is pretty cool. Not much nostalgia for me though- I never owned most of the games I have on VC (most of the games I had on the Mega Drive I can now play on retro collections). Instead they're brand new experiences, potentially full of surprises. Super Metroid, for example, I played for the first time last month and it's quickly become one of my all time favourites though ingenious level design, great graphics, and brilliantly atmospheric music. Then of course there's the undiscovered gems and import games- which won't be just new for me- that are finally getting their day in the sun.

VC is perfect for me. I don't have a lot of free time. I still haven't won FF12. After I get Umbrella Chronicles or Mario Galaxy (Waiting on reviews) I'll be saving up for VC on X-mas day.

Have to make a confession though.
Twilight Princess was the first Zelda game I have ever beaten.

I never even got the third stone thing at the beginning of Ocarina Of Time.
Now I am in the Forest Temple though :lol:
So much easier then I remembered, feel so lame.

Havnt seen any good releases since Landstalker but I still manage to have 30 ganes =/

Haha I get fake nostalgia... Everyone talks about how they loved playing those games and I bought them and I feel like Im there, 10 or 20 years ago... :)

Back