Virtual Console game updates?

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
While reading through the Wii Shop Q + A, thewiire.com came across the following paragraph:

The "Update" button indicates there are enhancements for the game. If you have already downloaded the game, you may select "Update" to download the enhancements free of charge. Please note, downloading the update may impact the saved game data.

Most likely this feature will be used to fix minor bugs and graphical glitches in the game, but what about the possibility of adding online support for some titles?

Mario Kart or Goldeneye online anyone?

Link: http://www.thewiire.com/news/565/1/Virtual_Console_Game_Updates

i was thinking the same thing. even though the bomberman i got isn't online now; maybe it can be updated when they care too.

or original mario !

Wiired said:
Daaamn, Goldeneye online, fingers crossed for that being the updates tbh, few games that would be quality over the net, props

So, can we have goldeneye now? Theres so much confusion over it being owned by RARE etc...

No, I don't think so.

Also, Nintendo have said that the games will be the same as they were for the original system with no modifications for online, but hopefully they can change their minds and add online for their top classic games. e.g. mario kart.

This is probably really stupid.... but isn't there a 'mysterious' slot in the back of the Classic Controllers. Maybe they'll add rumble later on. o_O You can attach a rumble pack. I doubt it, because I don't even know what the thing on the back off the controller looks like.

See if Nintendo manage to get Goldeneye on the VC and manage to get it online then omfg I would never leave the house

When i went into virtual console to browse, it said that i could possibly get channels on the virtual concole. Does this mean ill have to pay for such channels? Or merely are they reinforcing there updating system?

i think when the idea of the virtual console first came around, people were suggesting that people could get games for free when they purchase wii games. Maybe you could get MK64 free with the wii mario kart etc?

Bomber man (a good version) online

Back