Virtual Console -Mario 64?

Wiictor

Wiiner
Nov 19, 2006
T
Hey, Im about to spend some of my wii points and Mario 64 is on the top of my list, since it was such a great game for the 64. :cornut: I just wanted to know if the downloaded version is exactly like the 64 version with all of the glitches and stuff. Such as the castle roof glitches or the rabbit wall glitch. Or did they fix those?

Wiictor said:
Hey, Im about to spend some of my wii points and Mario 64 is on the top of my list, since it was such a great game for the 64. :cornut: I just wanted to know if the downloaded version is exactly like the 64 version with all of the glitches and stuff. Such as the castle roof glitches or the rabbit wall glitch. Or did they fix those?
As far as I know, it's an exact port of the N64 one, down to the last hair on Mario's mustache. ;)

I did do a search and there was nothing related to my question at all. Anyway, Im happy if its an exact port over---time for some speed runs :p

Super Mario 64 Glitches

Well, yes and no, yes for the fact that all the glitches are there (I did the spiral staircase glitch and it worked fine), no for the fact that it is exactly the same down to every hair of Mario's Mustache, if you play some specific levels, you will see that there are somew slight graphic mistakes, the main one being there is a space on some X,Y, and Z planes where they connect, but all the rest is the same from the N64 version

I noticed some very minor changes. It's more like a after thought than anything really noticeable. The game plays even better on the GC controller (My opinion). Overall it's as close to an exact port as you could get.

I just purchased this tonight, I was about 11 when it came out. Anyways, its not as hard as it used to be, but there are still some hard spots for me. I think it might be because my controller (GC) is a lil touchy. Anyways great game, I'm kinda surprised how some of the stuff came back to mind as I played it, however most I totally forgot about and its almost like playing a new game again.

i've played through 85 stars already on it & it's the same as I remember on N64... it actually plays a little smoother... gamechaser001 is right about there being a hardly noticeable glitch in the X,Y,Z planes, but you probably wouldn't notice it unless you were really looking for it... as for a preference between controllers, I find they both work fine on the game... I prefer the classic controller b/c I bought it to play the old games with... I'm not disappointed with it...

I only have like 27 stars right now. Some parts of this game is a *****, and the reason why I say that is because I think GC controllers joysticks are a bit touchy, like if I point the analog stick northeast, he just moves east.

xbandaidx said:
I only have like 27 stars right now. Some parts of this game is a *****, and the reason why I say that is because I think GC controllers joysticks are a bit touchy, like if I point the analog stick northeast, he just moves east.

I have never noticed that, I have noticed that on the C-stick, that is because since SM64 is a port from the N64, the C-pad is a unidirectional pad, either north, south, east or west, but since it is only for camera, I never had a problem with it, and I expected to at least have some problem, given I have a used wavebird that I got from GameStop for $17, I bought it to notice that it was probably the best wireless controller I had for any previous generation console:thumbsup:

gamechaser001 said:
I have never noticed that, I have noticed that on the C-stick, that is because since SM64 is a port from the N64, the C-pad is a unidirectional pad, either north, south, east or west, but since it is only for camera, I never had a problem with it, and I expected to at least have some problem, given I have a used wavebird that I got from GameStop for $17, I bought it to notice that it was probably the best wireless controller I had for any previous generation console:thumbsup:

But is it doing the same thing for you too?

Back