Virtual console might be a scam!

1) Emulators are not legal unless you own the game and have it in your possession at the time you play. If you don't, it's a crime and it's punishable by law.

2) It's a lot more convenient to have it all set up on one gaming system, rather then going and having to get one online. It's also more fun, due to the heightened graphical detail.

3) If it was a rip-off, I doubt thousands of people would of paid money. You're not the first to accuse this and be proven wrong.

radical said:
1) Emulators are not legal unless you own the game and have it in your possession at the time you play. If you don't, it's a crime and it's punishable by law.

Just a thought... If you buy a Virtual Console game... than you own the game, THEN you'll be able to play it on a PC emu ???????

how have we been proven wrong?

people buy them because they are there.

many people dont buy them becauase the steep preices, i bought them but think they are a rip off.

2) It's a lot more convenient to have it all set up on one gaming system, rather then going and having to get one online. It's also more fun, due to the heightened graphical detail.

1) They are legal its owning the rom files that isnt (the roms are the game)

2) True
But the wiimote/classic controller isnt ideal for most games
i think its a total rip off, not because emulators, but you can buy the original game, for like half the price. well i can and so can the whole of UK at least, from second hand shops.

i way prefer playing these games on the consoles they were made for aswell, controller suits them way more, especially the N64 games.
Try geting hold of Alien soilder, Geoman any neogeo games and Syn and punishment (in English)
Trust me there expensive
vasco said:
Just a thought... If you buy a Virtual Console game... than you own the game, THEN you'll be able to play it on a PC emu ???????

Yeah but whats the point
You have it on a console

N64 Emulators suck. There's always some sort of graphic spec missing. Also they lag so much. I'd prefer to own it on VC. I mean, you'd have to be really f***ing cheap to not fork over $10.

amirreza said:
N64 Emulators suck. There's always some sort of graphic spec missing. Also they lag so much. I'd prefer to own it on VC. I mean, you'd have to be really f***ing cheap to not fork over $10.

yup.

I tryed to use one or two to see the game before downloading for VC but somehow it never helped, not the same thing. Even super mario 64 is very dificult to play on the keyboard, maybe if there is some adapter to connect the classic to the pc...

You can connect a N64/Ps2/360/saturn/Dreamcast pad to a pc
Look on ebay for <insert pad name> to pc converter

well in my opion i would just buy the game on the virtual console!

Paying for games at retail is a scam! Cause you can stuff them in your pants and run like greased lightning instead.

:frown2:

no you cant, well at least not in UK, the actual games are out back of shop or behind the counter, just display boxes on show.

as for paying retail prices, thats why i buy online, its cheaper than stores,

play.com is the best.

hmv, sells classic controllers cheapest though, there classic controller in uk is £11, thats about £4 cheaper than anywhere else in uk

No, an internet pyramid scheme is a scam, and Con-artists and Insurance Salesmen can 'scam' you. The is VC a scam? Get serious. With that logic, EVERYTHING you get for an exchange of currency is a scam.

Life is a SCAM you (try to) work all of it and end up dieing

Back