Virtual Console Online Play

90% sure it's not going to happen, Nintendo is not microsoft. They do the bare minimum online.

Plus Nintendo 'said' that they would not edit the games at all when they remade them. But after seeing what happened with Kid Icurus, I'm not sure

Hotspur Warrior said:
Did the original games have online play? No. Neither should the re-released versions.

Did the original Mario Kart 64 have no time trial, no.

Nintendo is being a hypocrite.

theONE said:
Plus Nintendo 'said' that they would not edit the games at all when they remade them. But after seeing what happened with Kid Icurus, I'm not sure

Huh, what happened with Kid Icarus?

En4Neo said:
Did the original Mario Kart 64 have no time trial, no.

Nintendo is being a hypocrite.

Yes it did.

En4Neo said:
Huh, what happened with Kid Icarus?

Nintedo messed with the password system. Old passwords don't work.

i'm not sure what they will do, but if they can fit it in seamlessly, i'd say let them do it, but it would have to be with games that have something similar, like for consoles that had LAN connections or a console link, but I doubt any of the 5 consoles there had any console to console linking to begin with unless it was an add on, if they mess with the game though to make 2-4 player from what would either not be used or be a computer player, or add an extention to the game that allows linking, network play, or internet play, since it wasn't in the original game, it shouldn't be in the VC copy

So we shouldn't want games to be better...for the sake of keeping it original.

WeToYou said:
It would be stupid not to add online play.
No it wouldn't. Mario Kart Wii will have online play, so why change a retro game just to suit the desperate needs of impatient gamers?

When you buy a retro game, you're buying it for what it was, not what it could be.

Hotspur Warrior said:
No it wouldn't. Mario Kart Wii will have online play, so why change a retro game just to suit the desperate needs of impatient gamers?

When you buy a retro game, you're buying it for what it was, not what it could be.
I endorse this statement.

Back