Virtual Console Points Card

Mansfield Hot

WiiChat Member
Nov 24, 2006
Beverly Hills, CA
Has anyone else been buying the Virtual Console Points Card? I bought one today for my friend for Christmas. Which brings me to my next point... Don't buy one at Best Buy because they are $23 plus tax. I just bought it because I was already at Best Buy and I don't really care about the extra $3. I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone else. Personally I really think the only purpose of this is to use it as I did, which is a gift card for the Wii. Otherwise, don't waste your time buying one of these especially at Best Buy.

P.S. They hire anyone at Best Buy. Today, when I went to purchase the card for my friend the guy at the register asked me what it was and I told him. Then I had to explain for the next three minutes what the Virtual Console exactly was. I don't mean something simple like "Basically means you can download classics from NES, SNES, N64, TurboGrafix and Genesis". I was telling him the ins-and-outs "Yes, you can download the games to the console.... Well if the games have no more space on the console they can all be transferred to an SD, but it will only work with the console it was download from.... Wii Points is like Nintendo money...etc.". It was terrible. It's like you work at Best Buy you should know some of this at least pretend you know, by repeating Xbox Live information. Same things happens at GameStop all the time.

So that's my story. Even though you didn't ask for it, you got it.

I've noticed that they don't know much about their products, but that's not the case for all of them, haha.

$23 for 2,000 points? That's crazy. I'm glad I just buy them online. You don't have to pay the extra $3 everywhere, do you?

yeah i was looking around for wii stock around before launch and talked to someone at BB and they thought I was talking about the PS3... then once I told them no not sony, they were oblivious until I said "the new nintendo"

No you do not. Everywhere else like Target, GameStop, Circuit City, etc. Are all $19.99, but I guess Best Buy is just special.

unluckylink13 said:
I've noticed that they don't know much about their products, but that's not the case for all of them, haha.

$23 for 2,000 points? That's crazy. I'm glad I just buy them online. You don't have to pay the extra $3 everywhere, do you?

Last edited:
No, it's not. I miss Woolworth's they used to have them in the US, but the US sucks and does not have A LOT of good stores that it used too. Best Buy is basically an electronics stores that just sells electronics. Basically like Target or Woolworth's electronic section, but way bigger.

Haz said:
Is Best Buy like an American version of a UK Woolworths?

Haha! I hate that. It's funny because my friend works at EB Games and she always tells me about the dumb people that come in. One guy came in one day and asked if they had Final Fantasy III (the new DS one) and my friend said that they had it in stock. Then he says to her "Yeah! I remember when this **** (the Final Fantasy series) came out on the Playstation!" and then my friend says "Final Fantasy has been out since Nintendo". He felt then felt stupid, paid and left. Haha.

ocdan said:
yeah i was looking around for wii stock around before launch and talked to someone at BB and they thought I was talking about the PS3... then once I told them no not sony, they were oblivious until I said "the new nintendo"

Mansfield Hot said:
It's like you work at Best Buy you should know some of this at least pretend you know, by repeating Xbox Live information. Same things happens at GameStop all the time.

ha aite, just gotta say, i work at bestbuy, and we're trained to know OUR respective department, so if u were checkouted by a casheir, then he/she wouldnt know what that stuff (or anything else for that matter) unless they have intrest in that stuff. as for gamestop, theres no reason they shouldnt know. oh and just to brag i get wii point cards for $14.36 :D

lloyd_yayo said:
ha aite, just gotta say, i work at bestbuy, and we're trained to know OUR respective department, so if u were checkouted by a casheir, then he/she wouldnt know what that stuff (or anything else for that matter) unless they have intrest in that stuff. as for gamestop, theres no reason they shouldnt know. oh and just to brag i get wii point cards for $14.36 :D

I agree. . .generally very few Best Buy employees are more knowledgeable about their products than those of us who actually have an interest in electronics/pc's/video games. Most Best Buy employees are just smart enough to fool the average consumer into buying something more than they really want/need.

lloyd_yayo said:
yeah but they redirect us to the games if we have a quesition concerning that feild

most common price in Ont, Canda, seems to be $24.99 which is about $21.86 US. But HMV sells theirs at $29.99. Our sale tax here is 14% (provincal and federal together).

I'm just waiting a game that I really want comes out. I'm hesitant to buy certain games like SimCity, MarioCart, or GoldenEye, because I know that similar games will come out on the Wii eventually that will make full use of the Wii features.

csiguy4u said:
Most Best Buy employees are just smart enough to fool the average consumer into buying something more than they really want/need.

haha gotta keep it real, most people are like that. not me doe, i always try to talk people into the best deal for them, stuff on sale, etc. and i know a good amount of the whole store.

Back