Voice chat o Black Ops, Are Friend codes necessary

Dzapper

Akatsuki Assassin
Sep 3, 2007
Morehouse College
Wii Online Code
4627-4261-3182-4550
Ok, I've been looking around the forums and around the internet and haven't gotten a clear answer to this question. Does COD: Black Ops for Wii require you to add someone as a friend online before you can voice chat with them, or can you chat with anyone. If you can chat with anyone, I will consider buying it (and the headset) as soon as possible. However, if its just the same as The Conduit, where you have to have someone as a friend before you can voice chat, imma wait for the price to go down on this one.

Last edited:
Yes you can chat with anyone without any codes of some sort

Wow, okay, well that's good. I may have to get this game as soon as possible. Do a lot of people have the headset? Or is it spread out....half and half maybe?

50/50

I started playing about a week ago and it's been about half the time. I'm thinking about a wireless USB headset, but they are noticeably more expensive.

The headset is pretty cool. I got mine and used it for the first time today. It's USB and has a pretty long cable so I can sit back a play as I normally do. Adds a different aspect to the game. Makes it more XBOX Live'esk which can be both a good and bad thing. I would say 2-3 people per team have a mic in my experience. Some people are total D-Bags, but most are pretty cool. If people are annoying you can mute it ... if people are being cool then it makes everything fun and can help in team modes with coordination. I was helping cover a kid while he dropped his care packages which helped us as a team.

:wiitransformer:

Back