Voice Chat on Brawl?

Scott_F

ADD SCOTTY 2209 ON MOH:H2
Jan 5, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Wii Online Code
5911-5347-4929-3358
As most of you will already know, Masahiro Sakurai, the lead developer of Super Smash Bros Brawl, gives us new daily info on the game via the official Smash Bros website - smashbros.com

Well on the 19th December, I believe when he revealed info on the Team Healer he inadvertently revealed that the online mode of the game would support voice chat. He said "But, if you don’t alert each other, you may not hit your team-mate" so my question is how are you meant to alert each other and i appreciate that pre set messages may be the answer but then again voice chat may be another more practical solution.

See for yourself - http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/item13.html

Thanks for taking the time to read this guys.

Scott_F

nice pick up im not sure what to think of it... hmm ill get back to you on my choice maybe he let it slip

Interesting thought. Though it looked like it was just regular multiplayer rather than online multiplayer.
In conclusion, it's still up in the air.

No voice chat sorry.... :(

Its been confimed on Dojo that you will assign a message to a button on the d-pad whilst you are taunting i think that is what Mr Sakurai was talking about....

Psh Game Pro? Come on. Nintendo is the dev. they could be not telling anyone about voice chat so we're all forced to buy their first party periph.

Also, I agree with OP, I picked up on that too. I still say Brawl ships with a headset.

^i think that if they werre shipping it with a headset they would have said by now well fingers crossed anyway

voice chat would have been better then the d-pad thing cuz that takes long enough to get owned

they should be having voice chat soon cause ds has it and if ds could have it wii should be getting headsets soon

For one game a while back Nintendo didnt announce that it came with a bonus disk. So they might surpise us,....

But really wont it make much more sense for us to have to purchase an expansion? More money for them.

Plus in the future, brawl could provide an update to support online voice chat.

The Nintendo Phone. Lol

nintendo-wii-phone.jpg

Dreamworx said:
No voice chat sorry.... :(

Its been confimed on Dojo that you will assign a message to a button on the d-pad whilst you are taunting i think that is what Mr Sakurai was talking about....

correct EGM said in june issue the showed a picture rumor of a mid-battle saying things saying "want some more" and "bring it on" but in japanese but in sept. EGM it was translated to english and EGM confirmed the rumor true.

Back