Wal-Mart selling wii gift cards? what a joke!

FRuMMaGe said:
Personally I think it's a great idea.

If people can't find a Wii for Christmas, they could at least have this so they could get one soon.
I agree. They will not be so happy on Christmas morning, but at least they can relax a little knowing that they have an "Already-paid-for" pass within their hands.

It's a nice idea for those who would like to go out and pick up their wii. Just as if they had bought it themselves but in my opinion I would rather have to open a box under the tree and find out that box has a wii inside that is much more exiting.

Yeah like some people have said on here if you're an adult or a teen and you're having a wii for x-mas but who evers buying it for you couldn't get you one then this is great, but for a kid it would be a little dissapointing =/

On a side not MAN everyones selling gift cards this year.. I went out for a meal in TGI Fridays last week and they were advertising their gift cards in there, you could even get a £5 one, I was like WTF! That just covers the starters!

lloyd_yayo said:
i think it works as a gift to other adults / teens, but kids no...this would be a let down.
It is only a let-down if the kids think they are getting a Wii. If it was a surprise then it would be fine.

here we go the "i hate walmart" come out once agian... i just don't get it... why is it exactly that you hate walmart? mind pm'n me and explaining that... cause i'd be glad to set you straight.

now to get back on topic.
i don't really think its a let down, those giftcards with the wii on them have been around for well actually the first day the wii released, cause i still have mine in my wallet. they are not a placeholder for the wii its simply a giftcard, walmart in no way would hold one for a customer. usually at least at my walmart, we only hold a wii if a customer is at another store and on their way, it would be stupid to hold a wii for someone that called when it would probably sell before they could make it to the store. i worked black friday trust me i know... all i had to do was page out that someone changed there mind on a 388 laptop and wam had people screaming i want it from half way across the store. and i can't tell you how many customers asked us if we had wii's...

all walmart is suggesting is that if you can't find a wii, try a giftcard with a wii on it, a kid will get over it in 5 mins and play with all their other toys they got for xmas... a teenager... would probably be worse about it than a child... and an adult.. well their gonna go out on biggest return day of the year and hope someone returns a unwanted wii lol.

just my .02c

terrible idea, it's hard enough finding a wii as it is, but limiting your kid or whoever to only one store? BAD IDEA

Wow, some of you are really spoiled...

I'd never be disappointed in receiving $250 that I didn't earn.

I think its a cool idea. Now all they have to do is look for the Wii. I think if a kid really wanted a Wii, they would be more disappointed if they got a bunch of little toys instead. Or, at least the smart kids would.

actually its not common knowledge but because i work for walmart i'll go ahead and let you in on this little secret, you can take a giftcard back in return for cash, they don't like to do it, cause then walmart doesn't recieve the money, but it can be done just have to push for it, and explain to a manager the situation.

see, reason walmart is pushing giftcards for the holiday season is because they get 2 sales this way, the giftcard purchase goes on our bottom line profit, and when they spend the gift card that goes on sales and profit. so its a win win for walmart if you purchase a gift card instead of an item. another reason people alot of retailers are offering giftcards, as a result less returns the day after christmas, cause the people get to buy what they wanted the first time instead of returning a unwanted item and getting something different.

but think about it, this gift card idea, can be good AND bad, it really just depends on the age of the person, give it to an adult or teen, theyll most likely like it, "ok, i understand, atleast i know you tried to get me one " that is most likely how they will react, maybe alittle dissapointed, but not a total self esteem destroyer..........

on the other hand....

give it to a young one, maybe 9 under, and theyll hate you, theyll be "what?! santa doesnt love me mom! he brought me a stupid card" and most likely have a temper tantrum.

who ever plans on buying this has to keep in mind who they are giving this to :)

Back