Waluigi?

phahtrox

WiiMailer Mailer
May 28, 2007
MarysLand
I've been thinking and the upsidedown "L" on Waluigi's cap does not make any sense...:scared:
The Mario to Wario comparison is ok, but Waluigi to Luigi just is not right...:yesnod:

The "M" is inversely to "W" ,but the "L" is NOT inversely to "W"...................
........But i believe "L" is inversely to "7" so in conclusion Waluigi is a fake representation of the inverse to Luigi.:yikes:

So instead of have Mario/Luigi v. Wario/Waluigi it should be.....:wink:

Mario/Luigi v. Wario/7uigi, thusly saying that Waluigi is a not thought out character. 7uigi could have been a robot/android. We have to thank Mario Tennis for this...:scared:

It's right

If you think of getting marios M and fliping it down like a switch you get a W
Do the same thing to Luigis L and you get Waluigis L, Works out

7uigi doesn't really roll off the tongue though, does it? That said, M flips on the horizontal axis to become W, and similarly L flips on the horizontal axis to become Γ, so it is in fact consistent.

And of course he's not a thought-out character. The only reason for his existence was so he could be in Mario Tennis.

Napalmbrain said:
7uigi doesn't really roll off the tongue though, does it? That said, M flips on the horizontal axis to become W, and similarly L flips on the horizontal axis to become Γ, so it is in fact consistent.

And of course he's not a thought-out character. The only reason for his existence was so he could be in Mario Tennis.
It really does not role off the tongue, then again how does it sound?

Seven-oo-ee-gee?

phahtrox said:
I've been thinking and the upsidedown "L" on Waluigi's cap does not make any sense...:scared:
The Mario to Wario comparison is ok, but Waluigi to Luigi just is not right...:yesnod:

The "M" is inversely to "W" ,but the "L" is NOT inversely to "W"...................
........But i believe "L" is inversely to "7" so in conclusion Waluigi is a fake representation of the inverse to Luigi.:yikes:

Mario/Luigi v. Wario/7uigi, thusly saying that Waluigi is a not thought out character. 7uigi could have been a robot/android. We have to thank Mario Tennis for this...:scared:
You are an idiot. The M and W thing is a happy coincidence.

"Warui" is "evil" in japanese, so Wario was actually a play on "Evil Mario". So Waluigi is "Evil Luigi"

Remember, japanese people pronounce "L" as "R", so Luigi will be pronounced "ruigi" anyway.

DO your research next time before you go bad mouthing the best Nintendo character ever!

worlddomvo6.jpg

Last edited:
FRuMMaGe said:

"Warui" is "evil" in japanese, so Wario was actually a play on "Evil Mario". So Waluigi is "Evil Luigi"

Remember, japanese people pronounce "L" as "R", so Luigi will be pronounced "ruigi" anyway.

DO your research next time before you go bad mouthing the best Nintendo character ever!

worlddomvo6.jpg
you just owned this topic

Wow... and to think that just ten minutes ago I had no idea of the origins of Waluigi. What a pearl of video gaming knowledge.

phahtrox said:

Dude you got pawed. WALUIGI FTW!!!!

I feel I should add that Waluigi is probably the most pointless Nintendo character ever (and given that most Nintendo characters have no personality at all, that's saying a lot).

Woohoo, 2000th post! :)

phahtrox said:

This guy does have a point, though.

The Mario/Wario comparison seems to any non-Japanese speakers or Nintendo enthusiasts built from the M upside down to produce a W. This builds the "Wario is the opposite of Mario" idea.

However, the Waluigi/Luigi comparison is not nearly as obvious. I personally wouldn't think adding a prefix of Wa- would mean something was the evil opposite of the rest of the word ("Luigi"). Then again, I don't speak Japanese.

7uigi, I'm sure you realise, is an irrational suggestion for a name. Waluigi himself seems a tad unimportant, too. Is it really necessary to have an evil equivalent of Mario and Luigi? Couldn't they just have made a "Wario Jr." like they did with Bowser?

With Waluigi, they're stuck with a character who can do very little in terms of games, and only appears as a sidekick to Wario, who is a far better developed character.

Also, FRuMMaGe, don't flame people - it's not accepted on this forum.

FRuMMaGe said:

wow dude, calm down, some could say you're an idiot from this post

all he's saying is that waluigi dosn't go with the flow

mario, luigi and wario all have the respective first letter of their names on their hats, waluigi dosn't.....

you don't have to have research done to acknowledge this....

Also thinking that the m and w thing is a happy coincidence is a retarded assumption (unless you can prove otherwise), as nintendo probably put a bit more thought into it than just calling wario evil mario.......also his name has the word war in it, NOW that might be a happy coincidence

mushroomedmario said:
wow dude, calm down, some could say you're an idiot from this post

all he's saying is that waluigi dosn't go with the flow

mario, luigi and wario all have the respective first letter of their names on their hats, waluigi dosn't.....

you don't have to have research done to acknowledge this....

Also thinking that the m and w thing is a happy coincidence is a retarded assumption (unless you can prove otherwise), as nintendo probably put a bit more thought into it than just calling wario evil mario.......also his name has the word war in it, NOW that might be a happy coincidence
You are forgetting that Nintendo is primarily a JAPANESE company.

Look back at my post and a little further down is the source.

FRuMMaGe said:
You are forgetting that Nintendo is primarily a JAPANESE company.

Look back at my post and a little further down is the source.

No, i'm not forgetting that at all, but they are heavily english influenced

if you'd notice it's an M on mario's cap and not "マ"

and that the name mario is an english name.....

I'm pretty sure ninty thinks about the english just as much as the japanese language when they are thinking about characters and their names....

Back