Want to browse the Internet before Opera?

ZinGy

Teh Wii hax0r!
Nov 20, 2006
OC, NY
Wii Online Code
3964-8307-8964-3931
Want to browse the internet before WII's Opera is launched?

Heres how::

Step One:

Download Simple DNS Plus at JH Software

Install Simple DNS Plus

Step Two:

Once you have Simple DNS Plus opened goto Tools -> Edit DNS Records

In the DNS records goto tools --> Quick Domain Wizard

In the domain field type "oss.shop.wii.com"

for the webserver ip type in the ip of the website to goto (if you want to find out the ip goto cmd prompt and type ping sitename.com)

google's IP is 64.233.167.99

so bascially put that in as the "Web Server IP"

Erase the secondary DNS Server and press OK

On the WII

Goto the Wii Menu

Wii Settings

Internet

Connection Settings

Chose your connection

Change settings

click next 3 times until you get to the DNS setup, Click Advanced Settings

Then enter the primary DNS as your computers IP address: (to get that goto cmd prompt on the computer and type ipconfig)

click ok and launch the Shopping Channel, it should bring up google now!

Credit to Wimod forums. You can also use all the old exploits that worked on the GC, such as the exploit of using AC to run roms. Enjoy, if this is wrong to post, please delete this and warn me. IAM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR WII CONSOLE!:smilewinkgrin: [/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nice find man. If it does work, how would you get your VC back to normal?

ABC said:
Nice find man. If it does work, how would you get your VC back to normal?
Type in the VC url in again I'm guessing. I don't have a Wii yet to try all this and also try my theories.

Yeah, I don't think I'll try this just yet. I can wait until the Opera browser is released and live.

The only thing I'm hesitant over is getting virtual console back... So I won't do it just yet...

I downloaded the program. But, I can't even open it. Weird

Jenova said:
The only thing I'm hesitant over is getting virtual console back... So I won't do it just yet...
Do the steps backwards and copy down the second DNS number? It isn't hard to connect back to your VC page.

To get VC back:
in the Wii connection settings, change the DNS back from your computer's IP to autodetect (or whatever you were using before). My problem is: When I change the settings on the Wii, it has to test the connection, and it fails because the ping is going to google rather than the Wii servers, and it's not returning. Still working on this one.

It doesn't work. I've gotten past the connection test (there is another server you have to add), but I think it expects a specific reply back from the Nintendo severs, which it doesn't get from google. Looks like we just have to wait for Opera (unless someone comes up with something else)

Back