Want to get on-line gaming on my wii

colourdrop

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2008
I want to get online with my wii however i do not have broadband or a phone line, the mobile company Three have just bought out mobile broadband which is a usb modem that just plugs into your computer and you can surf. All i wanted to know is can you use the Usb modem in the back of the wii??

Any help will do

many thanks

Probably not. The Wii will connect online via wifi or via the USB-RJ45 network adapter.

Most likely you'll have to use that funky adapter on your PC then also get a USB wifi adapter for your PC then deal with the messy setup of routing your Wii's internet access through your PC.

Wii Internet

How do I get my wii online when i have an internet connection on a different floor. Is there a special piece I have 2 buy to allow my internet to travel from the second floor to the basement?

rayne2k5 said:
How do I get my wii online when i have an internet connection on a different floor. Is there a special piece I have 2 buy to allow my internet to travel from the second floor to the basement?
The Wii has built-in wireless. Get a wireless router and hook it up to your cable/DSL modem, then configure the wireless connection between the Wii and the router.

The best way to do get the Wii connected would be to buy a wireless modem router and not use the USB modem included. That way you can have both your PC and Wii connected to the internet at the same time. Plus there's also the added bonus of no wires. You can find a decent modem router with a usb wifi receiver included pretty cheap now.

colourdrop said:
I want to get online with my wii however i do not have broadband or a phone line, the mobile company Three have just bought out mobile broadband which is a usb modem that just plugs into your computer and you can surf. All i wanted to know is can you use the Usb modem in the back of the wii??

Any help will do

many thanks

Plugging the mobile broadband directly into the back of your Wii won't work *waits patiently to be proved wrong* .. .. .. .. I think there are only 2 options available to you.. .. .. first - get your own broadband.. .. .. .. second - get friendly with a neighbour who has a wireless network and ask if you can 'borrow' some of their bandwidth.

steal it from your neighbour, thats what i do. he`s stupid enough not to put a password on his connection, so hopefully one of your neighbours does the same. hence-FREE INTERNET!

redjer1987: What part of "start your own thread" don't you understand? You're hijacking someone else's thread, which is frowned upon.

If you want help for your problem, start a new topic for it. And be a heck of a lot more-descriptive about what's going on, what you have tried so far, etc than you are right now.

Back