WANTED:Photos and Mii's

waltonics

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Australia
Wii Online Code
8723-4783-2575-1687
Hey all, sad request to make:

I don't have an sd card and that seems to be the only way to get even one picture onto the photo channel.

Anyway, love to at least look at this channel, cannot believe nintendo didnt even include one sample pic??

Anyone kind enough to add my wii and send me a sample photo? Mii's would also be fun I guess too...

wii number: 8723 4783 2575 1687

thanks! Ill be sure to respond to anyone who sends me a msg.

bro just register a email name with ur Wii then use that email addy to send pics to the message board then use them from there

really? thanks..

I tried that twice and it didnt work, but, it was on the first day of release in australia so maybe there were bugs..

Id also thought I read a million places that you couldnt do it...

will send some more off now though, thanks again for the help

I've tried that multiple times and no luck...I've made sure that the pics are in jpg and are quite small. What'd you do to get it to work? Any suggestions?

honestly i just registered the email account and started with a test pic first message and it worked

right click on a picture, select "copy", create a new email to your wii from your email account, and paste it in and send it to your wii.

I havent done all the experiments,

Im wondering whether it is actually pixel size that determines the limits.

I was failing until I tried small images, both in filesize and pixels... So its hard to tell..

one attachment per email too obviously, but I think you got that bit right. try sending a 640x480 sized image.

As soon as I got it to work I thought of the crazy possibilities. If I werent so busy today I think my first step would be to come up with a script that grabs the new xkcd comic twice a week and sends it to the wii...

The photo channel is so quick I think that even when the browser comes it will still be a nice way to get your "daily comic" or something.

I finally got an e-mailed pic to work. It's the one I use as my avatar (so pretty small file size), but it worked! I am delighted as the SD card I bought won't format in my PC (but works fine in my Wii...WTF?). At least I can get some photos going now. Yay!

If you have a computer you can register yourself with an email address and then send yourself a pic. I've found out that if you register a yahoo email it goes through, but for some reason when I use my main email from my isp, it doesn't go through. You can only send one or two photo's at a time as well, there is a size limit on what the wii can receive. When I first tried it I sent three pics and it came back to me.

Back